Live Windows 10+ USB Flash/Stick

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,

I wanna create a "solution" for IT's and I will need to have Windows 10 running from a usb stick (not for installing, setup)...

run and also have the .net 4.8 to work with my standalone EXE from B4J...

Do you know a right way to create a "fast", "reliable", live windows 10 usb stick ?

Found a way... like rufus + also download windows 10 iso... use "windows to go" option of rufus... but the problem is that is very slowwwwwwwwww...
also found a tiny10 lite windows iso... but is slow.. too...

Anyone tried something similar ?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Hi there,

I wanna create a "solution" for IT's and I will need to have Windows 10 running from a usb stick (not for installing, setup)...

run and also have the .net 4.8 to work with my standalone EXE from B4J...

Do you know a right way to create a "fast", "reliable", live windows 10 usb stick ?

Found a way... like rufus + also download windows 10 iso... use "windows to go" option of rufus... but the problem is that is very slowwwwwwwwww...
also found a tiny10 lite windows iso... but is slow.. too...

Anyone tried something similar ?

There are many usb-m2 sata adapter

Num3

Licensed User
Longtime User
are you sure ?

as i know can't run any apps including .net framework 4.8

...did you tried to run a standalone exe of b4j app into it ?

It's a "normal" windows, you can pre-install any software you want.
I used to have one version with all the tools needed to remove exploits / worms / backdoors + virus scanner, but that was back in Windows 7, don't know what happened since :p

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Num3

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did a quick read up, it seems Microsoft now makes windows PE available free of charge and buildable with dism (back on Win7 i had to use some software).

It's boots to a windows live cd (no permanent storage), but you can add your own drivers, apps, updates, boot scripts to the image.

Take a look here :

Last edited:

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there,
Try this:

For Windows 10 Enterprise you can also use "windows-to-go"