Android Question Local Ethernet network from mobile devices

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to organize a network for exchanging data between mobile devices in an area where there is no cellular coverage. I created and tested my project in the coverage area of the Wi-Fi access point. But now I want to expand the distance between mobile devices and for this I want to use cable Ethernet communication between devices. I checked my mobile devices; they connected normally to the computer network via a USB OTG Ethernet adapter and could use the Internet. Therefore, I hope that I can solve the problem of exchanging data between devices via cable. Where can I find an example of a similar solution.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to use cable Ethernet communication between devices
Just plug this Ethernet cable into the main WiFi router and second remote WiFi access point in the needed area.

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just plug this Ethernet cable into the main WiFi router and second remote WiFi access point in the needed area.
Is it important for me to stop using WiFi altogether after I have debugged the operation of Ethernet without using WiFi? The next step will be to replace Ethernet HUB with to radio modem. The ultimate goal is to force mobile devices to exchange data via Lora WAN modems, on distance 1-2 km between Android smartphones

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyway Android has only 2 constant online connect ways: wireless (WiFi or BT\BLE) or USB wired OTG (and extra charge power is needed).

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyway Android has only 2 constant online connect ways: wireless (WiFi or BT\BLE) or USB wired OTG (and extra charge power is needed).
At first glance, everything can be implemented. Will the smartphone receive power and will the USB OTG port work with Ethernet? perhaps even using Poi electrical power. For me, the most difficult thing is how to transfer information between smartphones based on such equipment... When I using an WiFi access point, I solved this problem by using MQTT technologies, but I wanted to increase the distance between smartphones. I would be happy if I could use the LoRa module to transfer information from smartphone to smartphone.

Attachments

• LoRa WAN 2.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 78
  • LoRa WAN 1.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess that anyway LoRa RF-transmitters are with UART serial interface that should be adapted to USB OTG.
And Astream can be used for communications.

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hoped that with such a set of equipment this idea could be realized. Exactly the same set of equipment will act as a gateway since . The entire MQTT network will operate outside the coverage GSM area and without the use of an WiFi access point. Traffic requirements will be negligible, sending packets of 100 bytes per second, the receiving side will receive no more than 5 packets

Attachments

• LoRa WAN 1.png
    409.3 KB · Views: 63
  • LoRa WAN 2.png
    495.9 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Look for USB transmitter's specs and protocol description. No idea what the devices are

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There are 2 libs for USB OTG communication on this forum, to connect to several USB-Serial adapters. No idea what adapter is inside your LoRa device

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…