Missing files on device

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Really got lost :BangHead:
Since yesterdays update I can't find the project files on the SD card anymore.

When I run an example it's added to the programs on the device and running fine, but I can't find the files, nor with PC connection nor via Astro.

Thanks in advance,
Helen.

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Andrew,

I mean the file(s) that are copied to the device, when you just run the code (F5). The pop up screen shows "Installing file to device."
Only the icon is visible on my device, in the "all programs" screen and I can run the program from there, but I cannot trace the file itself.

Regards,
Helen.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you mean the .apk you won't see it, it is copied to the internal memory of the device where only the OS can see it. You can uninstall an application by Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications which displays them in alphabetical order or use one of the many app managers on the market - I use AppMonster which conveniently lists them in installation order, latest first.

Upvote 0

Merlot2309

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Andrew,

At the end I guess that I don't know how to add the database to the package. Of course I can add it manually, but I want to mail the complete package so others can test it.
Searched for this on the forum and probably missed it.

Thank you for the AppMonster tip.

Best regards,
Helen.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this example http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-share-your-creations/6998-family-med-list.html packages the database in the apk and copies to the SD card. But doing this wastes space in the internal memory so should only be done if the database is a reasonable size, say a couple of MB. Having said that the Angry Birds game has an apk that is 12.5MB in size which I think is really over the top but I assume they have to do that to be able to distribute it from the Android Market as a single download.

Upvote 0