Music for programming

DarkoT

Licensed User
I'm huge fan of bossanova music - this are my favorites music "background" for programming...

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
Three styles of music work for me while programming

1 - Piano with Orchestral Background (no singing) I find most inspirational. Favourite CD is called Romantic Piano by David James.

2 - Chinese Pop Songs (Because I don't understand Chinese, the sound becomes like an Orchestral Sound, and therefore does not mess with my concentration). I have favourite my singers - Like Faye Wong - but some combination CD's often work well also. The sound of Chinese music, both in Mandarin and Cantonese is really inspirational. Discovered this idea when working in Malaysia and marrying a Chinese girl. (I still don't understand Chinese many years later).
This idea would also apply to listening to various European Languages which you don't understand, but sound "good".

3 - Australian Music Artist Tony O'Connor created a beautiful range of CD's in the 90's - amazing creative background sounds - Just sensational.
Tony O'Connor is the world's #1 relaxation musician with over 3.5 million albums sold on CD and cassette including Mariner, Rainforest Magic, Uluru, Kakadu, ...
Listen to Rainforest Magic and you will be hooked.
www.tonyoconnor.com.au.

BONUS BONUS BONUS - Radio Stations from all over the world for free http://radio.garden/listen/smooth-91-5/hitz0edo
Example connection to Rome Italy

Attachments

• radio.JPG
    radio.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 79

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't listen to music in the background. If it's good music, and I wouldn't listen to any that wasn't, I can't help dissecting the melodic and harmonic structures which stops me from concentrating on anything else.
That is because you're a musician :)