B4J Question Need to use web socket, but I'm new to web apps...

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
I need to create an application to be installed to a web server installed to my customer's place, to listen from and push messages to another (Android) application for tablets. It is necessary to make a "real time" system, in order to be as fast as it is possible. So, I've found that B4J IDE may be suitable to do the job, but I can't figure out how to make all these staff work.
Notice that I may have 300-400 tablets concurrently connected to the web server.
Is it possible to make such a system with web socket?
Is it possible to build a web socket server (listener) with B4J?
How do I produce the html modules and css from IDE?
Is it necessary to run the html modules and js under a web server (I have installed Apache2)?
By the way, when I click to run the designer, it's opening the windows media center application (windows 7), and I have JavaFX Scene builder 1.1 installed!!!
Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User

Thank you very much Erel!
I'm checking it out!
What about JavaFX Scene Builder?
I can run it from its shortcut but calling it from B4J menu, opens the Windows Media Center application.
One more question: is it possible to see versions of B4J and B4A for Mac in the future?
I'm forced to have a Windows 7 virtual machine for working with the two IDEs, and I prefer to have them installed to my Mac OS.
Anyway, all your work is excellent!

Upvote 0