On The Market, to use b4a or spend the time to learn eclipse...

Ok guys, Anyone have something on the market made with this IDE? What would it be? I would like to download them onto my phone and try them out. I am researching and studying to see if I should purchase the enterprise addition of this product (which looks very slick btw) because I know VB very well and could pick this up easily. OR should I use eclipse and androids java. Obviously it would be better to learn the java but I don't have as much knowledge in that field and I will be spending alot of time learning it. Where with this I could start developing right away.

So even though that was off topic. Any programs I can check out?

Thanks eh guys? I love how there is so much information on this site!

I wanted to use this: I AM A :sign0104:

etLux

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've done several basic apps that are in Android Market...
nothing very complex as I'm still learning my way around
Android, generally -- but these are straight B4A:

https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Droiddd.com

I do have the Java background, by the way (CodeBrain.com
is one of my sites) -- but I strongly prefer B4A. Erel's IDE
and the whole setup is extremely well thought out and well
executed... plus, the approach overall is far, far faster and
easier than taking the straight Java route.

B4A is also very easy to learn, particularly for anyone with
VB background. And equally important: the support...
which is uniformly timely, courteous, and superb.

There are very few development products on the market today
that I think are worth what they charge for them. But in the
case of B4A -- it's easily worth three times the price.

Best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski
The Music of David Sosnowski

Upvote 0

FrankR

Licensed User
Longtime User
Let me throw in my two cents and say that I, too, believe B4a is worth Several times the price. An outstanding product. And, it's making development fun for me again. [been at this a lonnnnnnnng time]

I'm really glad I discovered this outstanding tool.

Upvote 0

wimpie3

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A still has a long way to go before it can do what Android Java can do, but it's the most impressive product I've seen in years.

Upvote 0

slydog43

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think its the best and easiest development suite I have seen in many years. I have played with soooo many on pc, handhelds, etc but always have many limitations to libs.

Upvote 0

LittleEddie

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got POW! Karaoke on the Market, It's the Song List. It's the first version, working on a sellable version now.

It's a marketing item for DJ, Karaoke DJ, and Bands. I'm going to be selling it to the DJ's, It will be a free App on the Market.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry I haven't responded. I have been swamped at work. I am checking out the programs now!

EDIT: The programs are impressive. You can make pretty good business apps with it as well. I think I may have to pick up a copy. I already have a couple small apps in mind I could make. hmm. Thanks eh guys? Oh yeah, I just got my phone upgraded to android 1.6. It was android 1.5. That was a big shmozzle with bell let me tell you since the upgrade is not an official one. But what a difference! The phone is faster and more stable. and now projects I make with this compiler will run on it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FrankR

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's good that you brought the device up to 1.6, but what you really want to get to is - 2.2.

2.2 had some significant performance improvements.

Upvote 0