Open Source My Classic VB6 Projects

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have once posted that a website for source code sharing call planet source code is closing down in one of my status updates in this forum. After a few years, it is now officially closed (even though it has reopened after the announcement of closure of the site). The website has undergone technical issue where it has once experienced a server failure causing lost of all it’s data but the owner later was able to restore the projects from the CDs. (Don’t underestimate the usefulness of old technology). These are some histories that I am aware of.

Today, I tried to browse for the pscode website. I found it is already gone for good. However, I also found that there is a GitHub repository that stores all the uploaded projects. I also found one of my projects inside.

I have once shared a tutorial on using VB6 to show images from database with Crystal Reports and I have received a lot of replies and responses. It has since inspired me to share what I have learned and to help more people on this planet. I was also joined other forums actively such as AndreaVB and Martin2k.

Today, I am happy to see my old tutorial still exist and I hope my other projects will stay too. I am thinking to open source my Hotel Booking System I made with VB6 in GitHub soon. I will try to share more and more. If you have something interesting that you made a long time ago, please consider to share. Cheers.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also found that there is a GitHub repository that stores all the uploaded projects.
Wow, I remember Planet Source Code back in the days. Thanks for the tip!