Phone model scale factor & screen density reference

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a reference link that lists phone models and scale factor/density values? In particular, what is the typical scale factor for a Samsung 800x480 pixel smartphone?

Thanks & regards,

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the Abstract Designer you can select from many predefined layouts which should cover most of your needs.

Some time ago, there was a user here on the forum who shared his collection of screen-sizes, layouts, form-factor for many different phones. Maybe it was an Excel-file. However, I cannot find this post now. Try to search for it.

Is there a reference link that lists phone models and scale factor/density values? In particular, what is the typical scale factor for a Samsung 800x480 pixel smartphone?

Thanks & regards,

Upvote 0

ukimiku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for replying. Maybe I have to go about the problem I am having differently. In the designer, I have a layout with two variants (640x360, scale factor 1 and 400x240, scape factor 1). The emulator loads always the wrong variant. I try to emulate a Samsung smartphone with 800x480 pixels, but now the emulator seems to decide which layout variant to load based upon the screen density, too. This is irritating.

Do you/anyone know advice?

Thanks & regards,

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The scale value reported by the device might be different than the value in this list. In order to make things simpler, Android reports an approximate scale which can be any of the following values: 0.75, 1, 1.33, 1.5 and 2.

My advices are listed in this thread: Supporting multiple screens - tips and best practices

It will be simpler in the next version with the new AutoScaleAll designer script keyword.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…