Share My Creation Pixel Knight (Box2d)

hi

i am very happy to release my first Box2d (libgdx) game.
This is by far the best game i did. i am using 100% libgdx so NO android views are used in this game.
i use only libgdx actors and lgstage,..

for the physics i am using box2d. box2d is a very powerful tool if you know how to work with it.
there are a lot tutorials in the net and @Informatix wrapped this lib so good that you almost copy past any c++ or java code.

THIS IS THE BETA VERSION. so please help me test it and find bugs. i have implemented all stuff i wanted before i started this game expect of 1 part that i am working on it. (allow the user to buy swords from a shop with the coins he has selected)

i want to thank a lot to @Informatix, @melonZgz, @wonder, @andymc and anyone else that help me with this game.
it took me 3 weeks to make it and i am really proud of it :):):)

please download the game and tell me what you think:

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.pknight

Have Fun :)

icon2bigS.png

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
ARGH!!!!!!!! Level 7 !!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Every frickin time!!!! That bloody bird!!!! Then I just caught site of the treasure chest before I hit the ba#ta@d spikes again!!! OMG!!!

I think a counter on screen to show how many times you've tried a level would be good.

Have you played VVVVV? the feeling of this game reminds me of that.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Every frickin time!!!! That bloody bird!!!! Then I just caught site of the treasure chest before I hit the ba#ta@d spikes again!!! OMG!!!

:D:D:D

Have you played VVVVV? the feeling of this game reminds me of that

No, have never heared about that game. will google for it right now

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay. I've now completed all 12 levels. Level 6 and 7 were by far the hardest of the lot. I liked the new items you introduced in the later levels like the swinging blocks, buzz saws and arrows shooting. The last level was good but I won't spoil that one for anyone.
You need to make more levels. Maybe you could release the level editor here and let us help?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay. I've now completed all 12 levels

Good Job andy, and because you are the first to finish all 12 levels i sent you 10 GBP donation for a beer ;)

I liked the new items you introduced in the later levels like the swinging blocks, buzz saws and arrows shooting.

yes i tried to add in each level something new.

You need to make more levels. Maybe you could release the level editor here and let us help?

yes i will add more levels, i use tiled to create my levels but i always add new object with different properties and handle it in a code module in my b4a project.
so i could give you a tiled project with all objects i have created and explain how to set the properties and i will add new objects to them.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the most amazing thing is that it took me only 3 weeks to make this game from 0!
and i have learned a lot about libgdx and box2d in those 3 weeks.

now adding new levels will be very simple since everything is already done. :)
b4a is very powerful! i love it :p

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
the most amazing thing is that it took me only 3 weeks to make this game from 0!
and i have learned a lot about libgdx and box2d in those 3 weeks.
You are amazing. I must say that it's almost impossible to make a game like this one in this short period of time! It's taking me months to finish my platformer:( and I allready had box2d experience and I had allready developed my GUI classes and controls...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I must say that it's almost impossible to make a game like this one in this short period of time!

actually i had to re code my game several time after making stupid beginner mistakes. this is the first time i used lgscn2dactors and a stage so i did not new much about how to set them and use them but after you understand how it works it is very simple and recommended to use actors in your game.
i showed my wife every day the progress of my game and she always told me you have not done anything its the same like yesterday :confused:
and i explained to her that i will add levels at the end but i have improved this and that... but women dont understand what happens on backstage :)

it was really tough i worked every day about 8-10h on this game but i am really happy with the result :)

Last edited:

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good Job andy, and because you are the first to finish all 12 levels i sent you 10 GBP donation for a beer ;)

Damn it! :D

1.jpg

Just kidding of course, in level 12, I was managed to go all the way to the end of "Train truck" by standing on to the top of wheels, and holding fire button .
I'm aware that that killed all the enemies off-screen, but neither "spiky-bomb" looking thing appeared, I was going to record it to report you as a bug, but failed to do it again...
Nice play though :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i am working on new levels. if you have any suggestions let me know :)

plans:

* new enemies that can shoot (so you have to jump above the sword they will shoot on you)
* new enemies that will hunt you (flying enemies that will follow you until you kill them)
* a level that you start at the bottom and there will be water that going up and you have to hurry to get to the top before you get drown in the water
* another level where you can fly (like level 8) but better!
*... (everything else will be a surprise) :)

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
enemies that follow you, good idea. I thought that with the skeletons that they should turn around and walk towards you, as right now it feels like all the enemies ignore you (which I guess they do)

the water going up is a good idea, you could have floating platforms you need to release in order to move up, as well as having fixed platforms.

for the flying levels, maybe look at the flying levels in super mario world for more ideas.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it feels like all the enemies ignore you (which I guess they do)

yes until now all enemies ignore you but i will add new enemies that will shoot when you are near to them and they saw you.
and also flying enemies that will follow you.

you could have floating platforms

i like this, so i could add boxes (dynamic bodies) and start fill the level with water and the boxes will float on the water.
i will add 3 stages (3 castles) each will have 12 levels. it wont be easy to make another 24 unique levels but i think its possible.
some levels will have only different ways to be complete with mixed enemies and some will have new features like i did with level 12 ;)

i will use more joints in my next levels and have swinging objects too.

i think i need another week to finish this :(

btw i changes my main background because the castle buttons did not match the previous background.

Screenshot_2016-11-23-15-13-18.png

castle1.png
castle2c.png
castle3c.png

(those are the 3 stages)

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry i have not understood this. no spiky bomb appeared when you played level 12?
Exactly (sorry if my english sux :/ ) , normally there are few of those spiky - bomb thing at the end of train truck, but they did not appeared once.
Is it problem for you to post screen shot of any scene while playing, with debug renderer on, or maybe short video?
Can you make rewards in point system when killing enemies?