iOS Question progressdialog disappear

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
running a code like this

B4X:
        For RecordPointer=0 To ExportList.Size-1
            If RecordPointer>xx Then
                hd.ProgressDialogShow("exporting " & Floor(100*RecordPointer/ExportList.Size) & "%")
                Sleep(0)
                xx=xx+100
            End If
            ' do some tasks with database and with HTTP (with "Wait for" also)
        Next

I have sometimes wrong behaviour of progressdialog, that disappear.
On Ipad it works fine, but on Iphone12 not.
I tried to put a "progressdialog.hide" before "progressdialog.show" and it works better (but you see some flicker). Anyway it is not reliable.
I like this progressdialog because it's very simple to use when you are doing something in a loop and wants to show progress while userinteraction is blocked.
But, how to make it works perfect ?
I checked also as suggested in another thread B4XDialog, but can't find how to do the equivalent of progresdialog.

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, but I want to show the progess during the loop. I partially solved obfuscating the panel with alpha 0.2 and bringing to front another panel that show the progress. I don’t have the same user interaction disabled but it’s acceptable

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was calling it every 100 iterations to update the progress %. You mean that progressdialog is not good to be used like this, correct ?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand. Check my first post. I want the text in the progressdialog box changes, showing from 0% to 100%.

Upvote 0

Amateurtje

Licensed User
Longtime User
did you ever solved your wishes?? Showing the progressdialog without flickering but WITH the progress % in the text (in steps of x% ias said (not every iteration)..This still does not work with calling the progress dialog before the loop (as far as i can see/understand/test)...

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
did you ever solved your wishes?? Showing the progressdialog without flickering but WITH the progress % in the text (in steps of x% ias said (not every iteration)..This still does not work with calling the progress dialog before the loop (as far as i can see/understand/test)...
Solved but not with progressdialog. I use a label to show the progress and set Alpha property 0.1 to the background panel

Upvote 0