Share My Creation Reverse.Show : Java2Basic Proof of Concept

Ok, this is just being silly now.

I recently lost a huge chunk of my b4j source code after debugging and I was just reluctant to rewrite it. Well my "Main" file got filled with NULLs after a computer crash. I wanted my data back, urgently and frustrately so, decided if I could reverse engineer what b4j compiled for me. It was one file. main.java.

A couple of many hours later, I came out with Reverse.Show. It managed to get me most of the basic crucial things I wanted. Other code I could copy and paste from other modules as it wasnt that much. Anyway here is it. It's not perfect, but it did a great deal of good. I needed to do a serius cleanup anyway of the code but that was better than a complete re-write.

This project has been distributed with jMashProjectProfile.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Open any b4j java file compiled, this might be in your debug java file.
2. The right side of the screen shows the de-compiled code.

This was just for my case thus I cant guarantee your source code will work with this. I remembered most of the code so after copying the many contents I wanted it was a few hours of getting mine groove back.

Attachments

• ReverseShow.b4j.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 299
  • reverse.png
    reverse.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,678

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Besides a backup, this looks like a nice utility to have. Hopefully I will never need it but many thanks anyway!
Any chance it is working with b4a as well?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Besides a backup, this looks like a nice utility to have. Hopefully I will never need it but many thanks anyway!
Any chance it is working with b4a as well?
Havent tried B4A yet and dont intend to anyway, this was just one of those bad cases. I had a backup which was a day old however I had written a lot of code that I just didnt want to retype.. thanks