Sceen size

bobsimoneau

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a program called WWPointsPlus that have many users. Today one of the users says the botton row of buttens are cut off. The sreen size is 320x240. How do I prevent this problem, and test for it.

Cynikal

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can always set a custom resolution in the designer and check...

As well as make an emulator with that screen size.

Upvote 0

bobsimoneau

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, that is one way.

then check it in a emulator with that same resolution.

What is another way. How many Layout Variants is reasonable? What do most of the programmer here provide?

400x800?
320x480?
320x240?

320x240 seems like to little real estate to work with.

Upvote 0

bobsimoneau

Licensed User
Longtime User
After hours of work I have decided to give up on coding for QVGA screens. 320 x 240 is just not enough real estate. I added a disclaimer to all my apps.

Upvote 0

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
After hours of work I have decided to give up on coding for QVGA screens. 320 x 240 is just not enough real estate. I added a disclaimer to all my apps.

If you are distributing via the Android Market, check your statistics. You can see the phone models that are using your app.

These stats are really useful and helping me to tailor my app to my users.

Neil

Upvote 0

bobsimoneau

Licensed User
Longtime User
Up until now I had all four of my applications on the market with only a 320x480 Layout Variant. My phone is a HTC Incredible at 480 X 800 WVGA resolution. I have a single emulator setup exactly like my phone (480x800). Recently I changed a program from using internal keyboard and added a key board onscreen. This app allows for portrait only. At least two users have complained the keys are cut off, They appear to have 320x240 screens (Motorola Charm) and display sideways. Looking at google statistics as suggested was only part useful, 59% list as other. My apps are all free and ad free. I just want to give everyone a chance. What layouts do most use here, and what emulator sizes do most test on. Since my phone is 480x800, should I be using that layout variant. Sorry for being long winded, but I am confused. I am just trying to figure out what is best practices.

Upvote 0