Android Example Share Text File Between 2 Apps

This is just another example based on the ManageExternalStorage class provided by @agraham.
It is a response to this question.

B4ARepositoryWriter - writes a text file to an "external" directory (you can view using File Explorer).
B4ARepositoryReader - reads the text file in this directory if it exist.

I guess if we are able to read a text file then it should be possible to read keyvaluestore or sqlite files.

Note: I have modified slightly the class by modify the package name by reading Application.PackageName
Credit to Andrew Graham

Attachments

• B4ARepositoryWriter.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 158
  • B4ARepositoryReader.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 152

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since your apps won't be published to the Play storeļ¼Œyou could keep it simple by setting sdk level to 28 and storing files at File.DirRootExternal location, directly accessible to all 3 apps.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since your apps won't be published to the Play storeļ¼Œyou could keep it simple by setting sdk level to 28 and storing files at File.DirRootExternal location, directly accessible to all 3 apps.
I was unable to get it work under Android 14 even though I set the targetSDK to 23.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was unable to get it work under Android 14 even though I set the targetSDK to 23.
I think I missed the RuntimePermissions. I can't remember why it was an issue last time.

B4X:
Dim rp As RuntimePermissions
rp.CheckAndRequest(rp.PERMISSION_WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE)
Wait For B4XPage_PermissionResult (Permission As String, Result As Boolean)
Log($"${Permission} = ${Result}"$)

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Zeev Goldstein

Licensed User
Longtime User
exactly what i was searching for long time

one question: will it be accepted by google play store?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreā€¦