Wish Show That A Compile Error is in a B4X library and identify the library

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this compile error:
snipb4j1.PNG

Not In my code:

snipb4j2.PNG

So it's in a external B4X library but which one as I have lots of them?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
While that might be a clue to what lib it's from, it doesn't seem to be an unreasonable wish to have the IDE just print out what lib caused the problem. It does seem reasonable that it has the information nearby, so to speak.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You guys are treating this like a post where @keirS is asking for help with the error. It's not, it's posted as a Wish, where the topic clearly request that the IDE show what lib produced an error during compilation.

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
While that might be a clue to what lib it's from, it doesn't seem to be an unreasonable wish to have the IDE just print out what lib caused the problem. It does seem reasonable that it has the information nearby, so to speak.

Yes that is my point. I have actually found the culprit library jSD_XUIView so not one I have written. Updated to the latest version and my project now compiles. To find that library however I created a test project and started adding the libraries to it and compiling after adding each library...

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
compileerror.PNG

This is still a problem. This time a library has dependencies on internal libraries which have been updated to a later version. So I will now have to go through all the XML files for the libraries to find out which one(s) have that dependency.