Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I got message from AdMob for my app, Mini Todo Widget

The issue is as below as per Admob webpage,
B4X:
Issue description
Site Behavior: Navigation Must fix
As stated in our Program policies, sites or apps displaying Google ads should provide substantial and useful information to the user. Users should be able to easily navigate through the site or app to find what products, goods, or services are promised. Examples of misguided navigation include, but are not limited to:
    False claims of downloadable or streaming content
    Linking to content that does not exist
    Redirecting users to irrelevant and/or misleading webpages
    Text on a page unrelated to the topic and/or business model of the website.

For more information, please review Google’s Webmaster quality guidelines and the Program policies.

They provided below screen-shots,
firefox_OK6lzTGB1z.png firefox_zjKeD73V5K.png

I am surprised from where they are getting the second screen-shot !

I request members who may have faced similar message from Admob to please guide me what to do in this situation.

Earlier I have made changes so that the "B4XInputTemplate" uses a panel as base rather than activity, which was covering the banner ad.
But still I am getting the issue message from Admob and I have no idea how they got such screen-shots.

You can download the app and tell me which part may be affecting this behavior or something which I will fix. Thanks for your time.

Solution
Just a minute, I just noted that the violation is for website !

View attachment 157030

Reading carefully, I noted it is mentioning webpage, website etc. No where it mentions the app navigation.
I have a feeling now that the website for support I put below,
B4X:
https://p21e2f303.app-ads-txt.com/
is causing problem, as it matches with all the violation mentioned.

I put it for app-ads.txt but it is causing the problem.

I have started a new thread for it now.
Did you mean the title "Site behavior"?
This is a default title.
You can see in the text "sites or APPS".

If the check of your app-ads.txt in the site is 100%...

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some questions and tips:
- Do you use only the banner in the app in the Play Store? Or interstitial too?

I check the source that I get from you and saw that you put the banner in a fixed space.
The adaptive banner resizes accordly the device screen.

My advice:
- put a banner in a panel with the 100%x width in the same place (top of the screen).
- check the AdaptiveSize.Get("height") and resize the panel height
B4X:
PanelBanner.Height = AdaptiveSize.Get("height"))
PanelBanner.AddView(BannerAd, 0, 0, 100%x, AdaptiveSize.Get("height"))
- resize the customlistview to fit the panel height changes

- give more space between the top of the banner and the bottom of the action bar
- give more space between the bottom of the banner and the top of the customlistview
This prevent the policy about the acidentally click.

- If this change don't fixed the problem with the policy, try to change the banner to the bottom of the screen.

To the second screen I don't know, but maybe it can access a link in the app that show the screen from a site.

As I am busy now I can't give another suggestions or a example, but I advice that you made the changes as soon as possible, put the new version in the Play Store and reply the Admob contact, informing you that you changed the banner and fixed the issues.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I advice that you made the changes as soon as possible, put the new version in the Play Store and reply the Admob contact, informing you that you changed the banner and fixed the issues.
Thanks a lot @asales 🙏

I will do as advised and hope it solves the problem.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you sent the reply in the Admob Central Policy, with information of the problem fixed?
Not yet.

This time I am waiting 24 hours after message from Play Store that my app is active. Do not know how Admob is taking wrong app, so waited for it to properly visible in store. There is no way I could say the latest version of my app in Admob.

Below is the text I am going to write at Admob Policy Center,

B4X:
Dear Sir, I have updated Mini Todo Widget app with changes of banner ad panel. The panel is 60dip height now with screen width 100%. Also the second screen-shot shown here is not of our app. Please give steps how it is showing.

I am trying to be more humble here than earlier.

Is it Okay or I am going overboard ?

Upvote 0

ppgirl

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Anand,
"Site Behavior: Navigation" is usually because the page has useless buttons or crashes during operation. As far as I can see, your Panel has gray checkboxes, please try hiding them instead of graying out these contents.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not yet.

This time I am waiting 24 hours after message from Play Store that my app is active. Do not know how Admob is taking wrong app, so waited for it to properly visible in store. There is no way I could say the latest version of my app in Admob.
No need to wait. Just put in the answer "the app was updated" or "a new version was sent".
If they took a long time to publish, the admob can remove the app, if you don't contest.
Below is the text I am going to write at Admob Policy Center,

B4X:
Dear Sir, I have updated Mini Todo Widget app with changes of banner ad panel. The panel is 60dip height now with screen width 100%. Also the second screen-shot shown here is not of our app. Please give steps how it is showing.

I am trying to be more humble here than earlier.

Is it Okay or I am going overboard ?
It's OK. I would just remove these lines:
The panel is 60dip height now with screen width 100% - I try to simplify the answer, because I think that is analysed by robots.
Please give steps how it is showing - They will not provide this type of feedback in the answer. You need to fill other form to contact and get more informations.

Upvote 0

Almora

Licensed User
Longtime User

this won't do anything. it's enough to say that the update has been made.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well even after making changes as below, Admob is not satisfied.
  1. made the grey check to black
  2. removed About html and added just a msgbox.
  3. hide 'delete' button when disabled
You can check the app 1.45 on store, what I did,

Now they give the main items activity as navigation violation,

firefox_U4jc5nxm2y.png firefox_upKzCCUl0H.png

I have promised that I will give source code of an app which satisfies G, so now I am planning as below for next update,
  1. Move the banner as to bottom from top
  2. Move the add, delete etc. panel to top
  3. give the gap for banner ad
  4. Also will remove the backup/restore/ etc. options, to keep the menu minimum
  5. i.e. just keep the bare minimum of the app
  6. once all Okay from G, will add back one by one
Any advise is welcomed.

Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

firefox_upKzCCUl0H.png

Reading carefully, I noted it is mentioning webpage, website etc. No where it mentions the app navigation.
B4X:

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

View attachment 157030

B4X:

Did you mean the title "Site behavior"?
This is a default title.
You can see in the text "sites or APPS".

If the check of your app-ads.txt in the site is 100%, there is not related with this policy violation.

Upvote 0
Solution

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Admob is happy finally !
B4X:
We’ve completed reviewing your app and no policy violations were found.

You can check the app on G.store. It is bare bone now, temporarily (to make Admob happy)

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-20 at 12.15.39 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-09-20 at 12.15.35 AM.jpeg

As most members suggested, placing of banner ad was problem and navigation violation here means buttons should not be near it, which I learnt the hard way in two weeks.

Removing the button from top-bar helped here, though 3-dots menu is no problem.

I will wait for two more days, just in case Admob has another policy, and then start adding the removed features.
Rest assured purchasers will get the source, which satisfies both Play Console and Admob Policy.

Thanks again all for the kind help. 🙏

Upvote 0