iOS Question The application installed still wait for IDE to connect to B4i-bridge

Charlotte

Licensed User
Good morning,

We have an application build on B4I which was managed by a service provider on his own account. He gave us the applications' sources and I'm trying to install it on the account on the society.

I've successfully created the certificate and profile, added the udid I needed.
The Build B4i-Bridge App seems to successfully been created. I had the QR code to install the app on my mobile phone. The application show's up on the screen but, when I try to open it, it still waiting for IDE to connect to B4i-Bridge...

I've found this documentation :
1729506189412.png

But, When I enter the IP address I see on my mobile on the API, that says this address can't be reached.

I'm totally novice on B4x environnement. Could someone help me to fix this please ?

Best regards

Last edited:
Solution
Does that mean that we can't use the iPhone outside the computer network at all ? Or It's only for the first time we open the application on the iPhone ?

B4i-Bridge is used to install and run your app on your iPhone during development.
Both your PC and iPhone need to be connected to the same local network (Wi-Fi) to establish this connection and transfer the app to the iPhone for testing/develpong

You only need the same network setup for installing or updating the app on your iPhone during the development process. After that, the app works as any normal iOS app, and you can use it outside the local network (App installed in release mode)

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
probably you followed those steps already.

start checking Developer Mode:
if Privacy & Security -> Developer Mode is ON

also I read somewhere that "#MinVersion: 12 " can help. (I have min 8, and all good)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlotte

Licensed User
Thank you for your answer.

The Developper Mode Is ON on my iPhone which is working with IOS 18.0.1.

This is What I get on my B4I application on windows when I'm trying to add the IP showed on my iPhone :
1729522187030.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
make sure both iphone and PC are in the same network, maybe reset and connect them again

Upvote 0

Charlotte

Licensed User
Thanks for your answer. Indeed, they aren't.
I'll ask to someone who is in the same network than my windows.

Does that mean that we can't use the iPhone outside the computer network at all ? Or It's only for the first time we open the application on the iPhone ?

Best regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User

B4i-Bridge is used to install and run your app on your iPhone during development.
Both your PC and iPhone need to be connected to the same local network (Wi-Fi) to establish this connection and transfer the app to the iPhone for testing/develpong

You only need the same network setup for installing or updating the app on your iPhone during the development process. After that, the app works as any normal iOS app, and you can use it outside the local network (App installed in release mode)

Upvote 1
Solution