Games Updated my old Invaders game for high screne refresh rates - please test

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've updated my Invaders game for higher refresh rate phones, and also tweaked the screen so it should fill the whole screen, but I've seen some behaviour on my phones at home where there'll be a small bar at the bottom of the screen that's not filled in.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed it to check, and was greeted with this:

1729067186562.png

No obvious way to not give consent. Uninstalled. Nice music though.

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works fine for me on Samsung Galaxy A13

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
No obvious way to not give consent. Uninstalled. Nice music though.
That's the standard ad consent window, I'm not sure how to change it as I just picked the default one. Do other games give different options?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do other games give different options?
I don't know, sorry. I recognize it from some other games - I always uninstall them before giving consent. Perhaps I mostly play games that don't require consent, or I already gave consent before the UI got updated to this monstrosity.

What I do know - as you probably understood already - is that I strongly dislike this consent request.

However, for testing I installed it again. When the request came I didn't give conent but swipe-killed the game and then started it again. The request didn't show again, and after playing a game I got a full-screen ad. Like I said, at no time did I give consent. I realize it doesn't mean I won't be seeing ads, and I suppose I have no way of checking if the app consider me a consent-giver or not.

I had no black bar in the bottom, but I did have one up top. Pixel 7.