Updating my programming PC for solely B4X

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have Linux on my computer, I run Lazarus there, and I have a virtualbox virtual machine with win7+Delphi and another one with win7+B4A and another one with a Linux web server... among others.
Since 2012 that I started with Android, I have always used virtualbox virtual machines for B4A, I have never used a "real" Windows because I have never had a Windows as main system on my computers. I went from MSDOS (DRDOS) to Linux, without going through Windows.

RickV

Wow, this thing is incredibly fast. Power button to usable desktop 14 seconds. Compile and bridge network samples about 1 - 1.5 seconds
the longest part was installing all the b4x apps, java etc searching on net to get them etc
Might have half a chance now concouring b4a and b4j haha

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X Products don't need heavy resources to work, I am using laptops Intel i5 and Intel i7 (16 and 32 Gb Ram), hooked to a Lenovo 26 in monitor and a mechanical keyboard. I use the ligther one for programming during traveling and the i7 for heavy programing task in office, I also use SQLServer and MySQL for backend database. Your choice for a new computer sound great for me.
Good Luck and Best Regards

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I still use my old (7 years) HP I5 (2 cores, 12 GB RAM, SSD) and it's more than enough (parallel to Citrix Receiver for Homeoffice, Skype/Teams Sessions). I could buy a new one but why as I don't game on it. I bought 1-2 older (cheap) pc's (i5/i7) on ebay with Windows 10 licence stickers on it (50-80€). Spent them SSD's for 30€ and they run perfectly fast. I use them as servers or whatever I need to play with.