USB debugging

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't used b4a for a while but now I have some corrections to make to my app. I was unable to install the b4a-bridge app (not in amazon and I don't have the android market), and I can't get the apk downloaded, and the emulator is pretty slow so thought maybe I could do it on the device with the usb plugged in. What now is the procedure? Should it find the device when I start the compile? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim S.

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I did that the first thing. The device is an archos arova 7 g2. I couldn't find another driver but assumed it had what it needed.

Jim S.

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Archos have their own drivers that you will have to install. Had to do the same for my g9 101

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

Upvote 0

ROBOTSA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Usb

hi I'm new to the subject usb. and start a project, with the usb linrerias 0.93, I need someone to control a microcontroller, which guide me what steps to take. thanks

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had already gone to the archos site but no driver for my unit. I also have a toshiba thrive with the same issue...will not connect via usb. There must be something I am not doing on the device itself. It is set for usb debugging but what else do I need to do. Should an emulator be running? Fortunately I do have the bridge for the toshiba but my configuration at home is better adapted to a usb connection. Thanks.

Jim S.

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Or send the b4a-bridge apk that I can install on my archos. I can't use the link because each time it wants to setup winzip. If someone would just attach the apk to their reply, I will sideload it. Thanks

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the tips.I finally figured it out by using A Graham's nifty bridge apk. Incidentally, the link in the instructions go to a page no longer available.

Jim S.

Upvote 0