USB HID Class

wexican

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

I'm not too long using B4A but I must congratulate Erel & others for their fantastic work, B4A is the best I've seen in long long time, well done!

To my question:
I have a USB based weather station of type WH1081PC that normally connects to a pc via usb & sends data regularly up to wunderground.com. I want to write my own app to use on a small android media player to do the same without the hassles of trying to keep a windows pc running. I'm currently testing software on a Arnova 10bG3 running ICS 4.0.3 & have got it to send data to wundergound using the HTTP libs. The next stage is to get the weather station to talk to the Arnova using the usb port, I have a descriptor listing all data of the wh1081 usb requirements, I have a list of the commands to the wh1081 & the responses & meanings etc. The wh1081 is a HID device & needs to be polled to receive data back, does anybody have any sample programs or snippets of code to interface a HID type device to B4A? I'm not sure if this is even possible from some of the responses I see in other threads, can somebody please clarify if this is possible.

Thanks,

Tom

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…