Android Question Using Android TV box to develop?

JeffT

Licensed User
Im curious to know if anyone else is using an Android TV box to develop with?
The prospect of a nice large screen is appealing, but I can imagine that I would need to fall back on a real table to test how fingers react to the screen.
Any recommendations for kit, or are they all 'as good/bad as each other'?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Im curious to know if anyone else is using an Android TV box to develop with?
The prospect of a nice large screen is appealing, but I can imagine that I would need to fall back on a real table to test how fingers react to the screen.
Any recommendations for kit, or are they all 'as good/bad as each other'?
Hello,

I have tried doing this before on 65" TV and let me tell you it's really not worth it.
First of all the TV sizes (W/H) are much larger from any tablet/phone so once you have finished from developing using the TV and transferring your work to a tablet/phone you will see that your design is not how it's suppose to be and you will have to start over again.

Second thing the Android TV Box is really basic, meaning it's made for viewing simple apps and not very complicated apps, apps that use the CPU or RAM to deliver data entries.

Third and most important thing is the User interaction meaning you when you develop an app you need to experience the user interactions (touch) to see and feel how would the user feel and that really helps producing great projects.

Fourth, the nick pain you will have from lifting your head constantly is really bad 😂

So... Would i recommend it? absolutely 100% No

i usually use it to display the games i develop using Unity3d because the graphics look better.

:)

Upvote 0