Share My Creation Wave analysis for music games

The challenges of the last days were to refine my sound analysis algorithm. My app "TheClari.net" should now be able to reliably analyze even very fast sound sequences and detect the smallest false tone among them. According to my research, no other app can do this and it is the basis for my new technique competitions for musicians (see video).

Attachments

• TheClariNetApp.jpg
    TheClariNetApp.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,919

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
A Fantastic job. This is really hard to do.

How do you specify the notes and how do you synchronize the sound to the musical score?

cklester

Licensed User
That is extremely cool! I can see it being used by... well... every musician out there for practice.

Now, if you can make it like the coach in Whiplash*...

Rusher or Dragger? (NSFW)

* This is a joke. Don't do that. IYKYK. 😆

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
That is extremely cool! I can see it being used by... well... every musician out there for practice.

Now, if you can make it like the coach in Whiplash*...

Rusher or Dragger? (NSFW)

* This is a joke. Don't do that. IYKYK. 😆
Yes 😄 in the first version a laughter sound was played at least in case of errors. But most of the students did not like it.

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
A Fantastic job. This is really hard to do.

How do you specify the notes and how do you synchronize the sound to the musical score?
The notes have abc notation as a base. The synchronization is done by a lib with list that knows all bar positions and fires an event at every bar change. The biggest challenge, however, is to be able to tell the difference between error and musical freedom well.

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Really nice! The pitch detection algorithm seems working quite stable 👍

For music tool I used to make a B4J app that can recognize simple chord from mp3 and slow down music playing: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/mp3muser.140237/
That's cool! I never did something with mp3 yet, only raw wav-data. And my alorithm only works good with melodys, not with harmonys and chords. In a future project, I want to try this too.

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's cool! I never did something with mp3 yet, only raw wav-data. And my alorithm only works good with melodys, not with harmonys and chords. In a future project, I want to try this too.
I use a mp3 decoder to convert mp3 to raw wav data then process. For pitch detection it is hard to detect pitch (transcribe music) for multiple instruments sing together, but for single instrument it works nicely like a tuner.