Share My Creation Weather Deck

Attachments

• 140x120_screenshot6.png
    140x120_screenshot6.png
    18 KB · Views: 4,682

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
For the video, yes correct. Looking for something more creative to do, for now it is a storm video.

Need to tweak some graphics and planning to shoot another video, lots of work! Right now it is released.

Cheers,

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice app, especially the animations.

A few issues:

1- The Main screen is "too busy" meaning, you cannot see clearly the check box to accept the privacy policy, add a background to that line, see THIS

2- The privacy policy looks like THIS on my tablet.

3- The weather is showing the wrong time, at the time I tested your app, the current time was 11:08AM however the app reports 03:29PM, see THIS screenshot, by the way, the time doesn't seem to change.

4- I noticed that sometimes the arrows and the "folder" icons on the forecast screen become unresponsive, it happened twice, I'll see if I can find out the pattern.

NOTE TO ADD: Ok, the icons on the forecast screen become unresponsive if you do something like this:

a) Go to Forecast screen

b) Tap on the "folder"

c) Tap on the "Goto" button at the bottom of the screen

d) Tap on "Welcome"

e) Tap on the Show button

f) Close the Privacy policy

g) Swipe to the forecast screen

The buttons will not work.

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great App

Hi there, i was wondering if you used ICOSWeatherForecast library to do your app, the reason i'm asking is because i'm having an issue when trying to forecast for 5 days with this library, and would like to know if you used the same library then how did you go around this issue i'm having.

When i get the 5 day forecast the days do not match the dates for example

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Dec 06 Dec 07 Dec 08 Dec09 Dec 10

as you can see the library will only return the days Monday through Friday however it returns the actual dates of the next 5 days.

Hope I make sense.

Cheers,
Walter

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

@NJDude, good feedback and will start working on it. See remarks below.

@walterf25 Don't want to rely too much on libraries for external web services. Rather do stuff myself in that case. I am using the same web service that the ICOSWeatherForecast uses.

Time
The time is always behind the real time because it is reporting stuff from weather stations all over the world. On top of that i'm caching responses on the server for a while to make sure not to overload the external API. Rate limits are always a problem and in this case a pain to be honest. What I do is the following:

- I geocode Latitude and Longitude to City and Country. All thanks to the Geocoding library,
- the City and Country will be a cache entry on the server so anyone else from that city and country will get information from the cache. The cache solution I use currently is APC,
- if geocoding does not succeed it will use a unique ID to cache your private results. This ID is not bound to IMEI but just a GUID that I generate.

As said, all workarounds to prevent rate limit problems.

Busy screen
I know, wil work on it.

Buttons
Will do some more testing.

Privacy policy
Yeah, a pain. Could not get the scrolling to work for some reason and on my device it worked fine.

Will do some more testing on my Nexus 7.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
@thedesolatesoul Didn't publish it in the UK, just a few countries. Will fix the bugs and republish it soon.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fixed the issues

Hi,

I fixed all the issues and also published it in a few countries more.

Cheers,

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The GPS fails to update my location, after I reinstalled your app and clicked on the "map icon" on the action bar I got THIS, the only way I can get my location right is to close and open your app, and yes, I have selected to "Use GPS data" under settings.

The Privacy policy it's a little bit off center, look the attached picture.

Also, the time, I'm assuming is GMT, so you better add that to it, that way users won't get confused, and if you could also add Fahrenheit and MPH would be nice.

Attachments

• PP.png
    PP.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 249

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
NJDude,

Some clarification.

GPS
It works but it doesn't toggle the GPS, that still has to be done through Android settings. My setting just says if it should use that data. If enabled and GPS is enabled it should update your location after a while (if there is a fix). I have tested this many times and it is a background service that does the hard work.

There should't be a need to to exit/restart etc. One note however, it will update location either every minute or when change is 10000 m.

CellID location
You could also use that feature, also works inside.

Default location
The default location is something like lat 39.916234 and long 79.013672. So when you get that there hasn't been a GPS fix or a CellID fix.

Privacy policy
Mmm, have some trouble with multiple screens for some reason. Need to test a little more.

Fahrenheit etc.
I have this data but not really supporting that. Kind of tricky to know when to display fahrenheit or celcius, I know only a few countries (of course the US and Canada are the biggest) use fahrenheit. Simply didn't create logic to support it. Same with miles or km.

Time
I'm actually not sure which time is displayed, need to check that. Will update my API wrapper for that.

Cheers,

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Fahrenheit etc.
I have this data but not really supporting that. Kind of tricky to know when to display fahrenheit or celcius, I know only a few countries (of course the US and Canada are the biggest) use fahrenheit. Simply didn't create logic to support it. Same with miles or km.
You could add that to the settings screen, say, it defaults to Celcius but if you want, you can change it to F.

Time
I'm actually not sure which time is displayed, need to check that. Will update my API wrapper for that.
I'm guessing is GMT since the time I get is about 5 hours ahead, I'm in New Jersey, USA., if it is, just add GMT after the time, easy fix :D