Android Question Where is JAVAC.EXE

rodmcm

Licensed User
I am installing B4a for the first time ( license copy) and proceeding via the B4x booklets
I downloaded "JAVA jdk-8u172 windows-X64-demos.zip" as per instructions but there is no .exe file to install it that I can find

The JAVA site takes me "jre-8u171-windows-i586.exe" which installs JAVA into programs(X86) but there is no javac.exe in this file
Yours in confusion.How do you install it please.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

rodmcm

Licensed User
Thanks for that but I am still not there. The B4x booklets actually points to the "JAVA jdk-8u172 windows-X64-demos.zip" file not the exe, which is on the video
Also there is no javac.exe file in the bin folder, only the following.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like you skipped step #1 from https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html, Java JDK v8 (as of this time). If you install the 32 bit version of the JDK, javac.exe will be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_xxx\bin , for the 64 bit version the location will be C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xxx\bin (this is assuming that you accepted the default locations for the install), where xxx is the number after the u in the JDK installation file (currently, for 32 bit, jdk-8u171-windows-i586.exe, so 171).

Upvote 0

rodmcm

Licensed User
For some reason the original installation did not install the JDK folder. I used the JAVA unistall tool to delete all old copies, reinstalled and all is now good.. Nothing like a good sleep and some sage advise... Thanks

Upvote 0