Wishes for new version

rpsj

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi !

I Have some sugestions to new version (1.8 or 1.9) :

1 --- Copy some subs from another project ---

When I want to copy - paste some sub or part of subs from an example, or another project to the project that I am working on I have to :
- Close the actual project
- Open the project that have the sub I want to copy from
- Select the sub
- Ctrl-C
- Close the project
- (Re)open the project that I was working
- Go to correct place
- Ctrl-V

I think that is too much work :(
I wold like to have an new menu File option : File -> Open File for read only
This new menu item will prompt for the file that has the sub I want and then open this file, but for read only.
I do not want to modify this file because this file is not part of my actual project, just select some text from it and CTRL-C. Next I click in the file that will receive this text and CTRL-V.

2 --- Select the Folder to the final APK

I have some APKs (projects) that I am working on and it depends on each other. When I have to install it on cels I Have to navigate throu various folders to copy one by one :(
If I could select the folder that will receive the final APK it will save a lot time ! Something like Menu Project -> Destination APK folder ...
If this folder is left blank than the IDE will save the APK just like it does today.
If I select a folder the IDE will save the APK in that folder, but only the xxx.apk
I will set the same folder to various projects and I will have all APKs in just one place.

3 --- Just install the APK without build it (again)

I have some cels to test my APK.
When I use ALT-1 the IDE compiles the project (ok) and ask-me witch device to install (ok).
I teste the APK on one cel. If I want to test on another cel I have to (re)compile again (wast of time) just to instal on another device.
I Sugest : Menu Project -> Install last compiled APK (ALT-5 for example) to just install the APK ...

I hope this sugestion maybe useful to other people too !

Sorry ... English is not my language ... :eek:

Happy 2012 :D

Rubens Jr.

NeoTechni

Licensed User
Longtime User
For #1, I just open multiple windows of B4A. It is excessively light weight. To the point where my Android programs take more RAM. (Kudos Erel.)

I agree on #3 though