1.5… AdMob… Emulator

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I just noticed when running in 1.5 that a real (or what looks to be a real) ad is appearing in the AdMob view when running in the emulator. I remember with version 1.3 that a red test ad would show.

I tried compiling with all combinations of "Include Debug Information" and "Attach Debugger"in. They all showed this real-looking ad when running in the emulator.

Running on the device looks correct as before.

Was this changed on the emulator?

Barry.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that it is related to v1.5. Nothing has changed in this area.

Thanks again for your reply.

I have attached a screenshot showing examples of the ads I get while using the emulator in B4A 1.3 and B4A 1.5.

Between the two, the code has changed slightly, but any interface with AdMob is exactly the same.

I have noticed when using the emulator that the same ad always shows up in 1.5 - this is a good. Clicking on the 1.5 ad brings up the Google mobile site.

This is likely not an error, but I was not expecting the change. I thought I would raise a question just in case.

... Added somewhat later ...

I was just looking at my AdMob account and I noticed a setting labeled "test mode based on client code". Is it possible that when running the emulator B4A enables the AdMob test code setting and AdMob (which is part of Google) is supplying the changed ad? The test add is not produced by B4A?

Barry.

Attachments

• B4ATest 2.png
    B4ATest 2.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Upvote 0