Android Question Android application operation on windows or linux PC

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have almost finished mobile application for Android. In the my application I use a microphone, GPS and MySQL server on the web. The application must work continuously for a long time, minimum 24 hours. Can I get the application to work reliably on a smartphone or tablet when there is a constant power supply (power bank)? I want to consider an alternative option, use a PC. Is it possible to keep all the functionality of my application if I run it, using an android emulator on a Windows or Linux PC, that has an audio input, GPS, Ethernet connected? I have never programmed in Java, and therefore doing a Java application similar in functionality is a bad option.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can not run Android apps on Windows

You should use B4J (and use the B4J Forum for any questions about B4J) to develop a B4J App which you can run on a Server/VPS/PC

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to quickly explore the possibilities of B4J, but I did not find there any libraries or examples on GPS and sound recording from a microphone. Probably the necessary examples and library classes exist, but they are not inside the standard package. This makes it difficult for beginners to choose which tool to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I did not find there any libraries or examples on GPS
i never seen one. All my PCs do not have a GPS-Chip.

Guess you´ll need to use a 3rd-party GPS and connect that to your PC and communicate with the device. How depends on the GPS i guess.

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was hoping to use an industrial mini PC with a MC7430 LTE 4G module with a Mini PCI express interface. It has a GSM and GPS module probably there are also drivers. I wonder what chance I have to adapt all this to B4J? Or is it better to use a GPS connected via a COM port?

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, I has great respect for the B4X project. I'm new in B4J, so I'm asking if you plan to extend the standard set of libraries, I hope the standard set can be made similar to the functionality of the Android version. I'm talking about device support for webcam, GPS, printer, scanner, touchscreen and so on. You and the experts will be able to select and test the good tools that are on this forum and include them in the standard set. For beginners, a large number of different tools for one task creates great difficulties in choosing.

Upvote 0

Gandalf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was hoping to use an industrial mini PC with a MC7430 LTE 4G module with a Mini PCI express interface. It has a GSM and GPS module probably there are also drivers. I wonder what chance I have to adapt all this to B4J? Or is it better to use a GPS connected via a COM port?
I have used Android-based Bliss OS on PC. Tried several specific communications apps, all run successfully. Never checked if it works with GPS though.

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have used Android-based Bliss OS on PC. Tried several specific communications apps, all run successfully. Never checked if it works with GPS though.
I understood you correctly that the Bliss OS allows you to successfully work with some applications written for Android?

Upvote 0