Anyone interested to see I destroy my VPS?

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
View attachment 154094

as you see i am not able to put the port. if i put the port it is not redirected correctly.
so the server also need to run on port 80 or 443 else it wont get the call when someone puts the url in the browser.
As I said, domain or subdomain point to IP address (not with port number)
domain -> IP

Port 80 is the default port for http web server for serving web page (html or php).
Meaning if we don't start a web server, the VPS is still/already pointed with the domain you set the A record and other services with other port number can already run such as SSH, FTP service.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You only can assign only ONE domain to a VPS
Not sure if we are talking about the same
I have a VPS server with Hestia Control Panel. It's like if you were a hosting vendor... You can have several users, several domains, every domain with their SSL, etc... You can try the demo in the link I gave you, I found it quite easy to use.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a VPS server with Hestia Control Panel. It's like if you were a hosting vendor... You can have several users, several domains, every domain with their SSL, etc... You can try the demo in the link I gave you, I found it quite easy to use.
this looks very interesting thank you very much

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you very much
Not at all.
I've talked here sometimes about my VPS provider. You can try it for free (you have to provide your credit card details) and they will give you 5€ to test. Due to you only pay the time the server is running, if you use it and shut down after testing, you can use it for more than a month, and you can create the server and get it with an HestiaCP (or other free control panels) image installed in just a few minutes. It's located in Barcelona (Spain).

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried Hestia CP before and I didn't like it. It was quite limited. It seems improved now but still not as good as CPanel.
I don't find it is easy to manage the DNS and A record.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@josejad Thanks for sharing.
I will revisit Hestia CP in the future. It seems improved a lot since the last time I tried it. Maybe the image provided by the VPS hosting was outdated that time and it was barely unusable. It is an interesting and active project to keep a watch.

If you have tips or can provide a short tutorial on how to manage multiple domains then please share with us.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You're welcome Aeric... glad to give you some little advice after the lot of contributions you make in the forum.

I'm not an expert, and I've never managed DNS and A records, but I think the hestia docs are quite good.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You're welcome Aeric... glad to give you some little advice after the lot of contributions you make in the forum.

I'm not an expert, and I've never managed DNS and A records, but I think the hestia docs are quite good.

Ya, we need to share knowledge together.

It should be made easy to use a VPS and a control panel to simplify the server management.

Hope more developers find VPS benefits and host B4J servers on it.

If it is fine then I plan to do a demo for reinstalling the VPS tomorrow at 8pm (GMT+8).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ya, we need to share knowledge together.

It should be made easy to use a VPS and a control panel to simplify the server management.

Hope more developers find VPS benefits and host B4J servers on it.

If it is fine then I plan to do a demo for reinstalling the VPS tomorrow at 8pm (GMT+8).
can you share again what VPS server you are using.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
These are the cpanels images available in my VPS (clouding.io)

1716892884211.png

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I used a hosting with Plesk Control Panels Before, and I will say its very similar to using Cpanel
Yes, I think they are similar, but with Plesk and CPanel I think you have to buy a licence, with Hestia you can donate

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
CPanel and Plesk usually available for shared hosting for free due to different license from VPS. I have also used Plesk which is for Windows ASP.Net hosting.

I just installed Hestia CP to VPS. The latest version quite nice. I have issue with the File Manager but able to solve it. Considering it is open source, it is decent compare to CPanel and Plesk.

It is suitable if you want to allow your client login to manage their PHP apps such as WordPress or Prestashop.

For VPS use to host B4J server, I still think a panel is optional and waste some resources.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will try to connect, but I will be launching, pickin my son from school... and still working, but I will try to be connected and listening

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure what is the problem with YouTube or OBS. The full length video is 1 hour 59 minutes plus but it only shows 1 hour plus.
It is still processing the video. Hopefully the full video will be available after processing.

Last edited: