Anyone interested to see I destroy my VPS?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
No. You only can assign only ONE domain to a VPS.

What I am doing is creating a sub domain from shared hosting provider where I purchase the TLD domain name.
e.g
Shared hosting: example.com
VPS: prod.example.com
I manage the subdomain in shared hosting and point the sub domain name to the VPS IP address.
The auto renew SSL which is provided by CPanel in shared hosting should be disabled.

You can install SSL (Let's Encrypt) to a webserver such as apache2 or nginx using certbot.
With Let's Encrypt, I create a java keystore for B4J servers.
Each B4J server uses different port numbers.
e.g
prod.example.com:5000
prod.example.com:6000

Actually this is not correct. With a reverse proxy you can redirect different domains to a variety of backends/ports. Search in YouTube for NginxProxyManager... You only need to update the domain dns records to point to your VPS and then on VPS side use NginxProxyManager. Just make sure you will use it with MariaDB for production environments.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually this is not correct. With a reverse proxy you can redirect different domains to a variety of backends/ports. Search in YouTube for NginxProxyManager... You only need to update the domain dns records to point to your VPS and then on VPS side use NginxProxyManager. Just make sure you will use it with MariaDB for production environments.
Yes we discussed about panel like Hestia which I think apply the same concept.

Why you said it must used with MariaDB?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes we discussed about panel like Hestia which I think apply the same concept.

Why you said it must used with MariaDB?
It has the option to be used also with sqlite but sqlite even with Wal is kind of limiting for high performance web sites.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it?
I thought because the tutorial mentioned it requires a docker-mariadb-aria extension.

It is possible by changing the installation docker compose yaml. You just unrem some lines of the yaml mentioned, and disconnect it from MariaDB. Christian Lempa in the video you posted is an excellent server operations engineer and tutor. He has a lot of videos in this matter (but he always uses mariadb).

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is possible by changing the installation docker compose yaml. You just unrem some lines of the yaml mentioned, and disconnect it from MariaDB. Christian Lempa in the video you posted is an excellent server operations engineer and tutor. He has a lot of videos in this matter (but he always uses mariadb).

Another plus is that it has the Let's Encrypt certbot included in the docker image so it auto renews the certificates you create with Let's Encrypt.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User

Check this yaml out. It is the installation yaml:

You uncomment the "# environment" (that is you remove the '#' and the [space] character immediately next and also the same way the '# DB_SQLITE_FILE: .....". In this yaml no MariaDB is connected.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been checking the video for more than 48 hours but the full video is still not available.
Really sad that the second half is not appear as it is the most important part. 😭