Android Question App crashes at startup on Android 10 and 11...

MegatenFreak

Licensed User
Hi. My app works fine with lower versions of Android.
Is there something I'm missing? (like something needs to be defined in the manifest file?)
* more info on the app: It works with B4XPages and uses the following libraries: B4XTable, HttpUtils2, JavaObject, JSON, Reflection, XUI Views
Thanks a lot in advance.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please post the contents of the event log (right list in IDE), and if it doesn't contain much, then post the unfiltered version (uncheck the "Filter" box at the bottom).

This will help give us an idea what the problem is.

Upvote 0

MegatenFreak

Licensed User
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I use my own phone during development (with B4A Bridge) and it runs with no problems. The problem was reported by others to whom I sent the app over social media. I'll see if I can get my hands on a better phone (probably my wife's, as it runs Android 11) and run the debugger with it. I'll post the results here when I do.
(on a related note, logs don't currently work for me. I use b4a bridge as it's very convenient, but I don't get logs even after trying all the solutions in the forum. perhaps it's something about my phone. I'll see if it works with the other phone I shall test.)

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you can reproduce the error with the emulator running android 10 or 11

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This might sound like a stupid question, but I use BlueStacks as an emulator but neither that nor the other common ones out there seem to support higher versions of Android. Where can I get one that does?🙈
It is an optional part of the Android SDK and is accessible from the IDE "Tools" menu as "AVD Manager"

Upvote 0