AsyncStream Question.

enrique1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

I am working with an AsyncStream that connect to a Windows Shell. Can I read the text that is introducing when press Enter in a String variable?

I imagined use something like this: "Streams.Read" and doesn't exist.

Thx!

enrique1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, thank you very much.

Yes, I saw the excelent tutorial but I just need to read more slowly... I hadn't see this sub: AStreams_NewData.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, thank you very much.
Yes, I saw the excelent tutorial but I just need to read more slowly... I hadn't see this sub: AStreams_NewData.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

I have a question that fits right in here concerning async streams. I would like to create a small set of subroutines using the Server Socket on a Android device that would implement a tiny FTP server good enough just to transfer a file back and forth to PC using one of the standard FTP clients on the PC.

I am wondering during a file transfer - say from the PC to the Android device. How do you know when the transfer is complete? Will the input stream announce NewData as it receives partial results or will it only announce NewData when all the data has been received. I think I read the answer to this once, but I cannot find it again.

On transferring a file from the PC to the Android device, will the PC FTP client close the data socket to announce transfer complete? Or, will it announce "transfer complete" via the FTP command socket? Is there anything within the FTP protocol that is transferred along with the data to announce end of file type conditions?

I have not been able to find a reference to the nuts and bolts of simple FTP transfer protocols. I have seen the RFC spec, but this is way beyond the scope of what I need.

Thanks for any insight,
Barry.

Upvote 0