Android Tutorial [B4X] B4A, B4i, B4J and B4r API documentation - B4X Object Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Fung

Licensed User
Hello, I am a new user. When trying to install de object browser, my Panda Free Antivirus says the file Setup.exe is infected. Could you please take a look. Thx.

Victor.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry that you are getting this message, but I do not believe there is any issue.

rbirago

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I've downloaded OB last version (4.1.1.5) and I noticed some misses. I was browsing RSVideoRecord library and noticed that OB doesn't expose some methods (i.e. setOutputFile). If I search for setOutputFile OB finds it, but if I browse the library it doesn't expose it. Perhaps because the method name starts with "set"?
best regards
Roberto

rbirago

Licensed User
Longtime User
Find it! In OB there is an option to view/notview the set/get methods. Don't you think that should be better to expose always the get/set methods that don't belong to a property?
Roberto

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Find it! In OB there is an option to view/notview the set/get methods. Don't you think that should be better to expose always the get/set methods that don't belong to a property?
Roberto
Well, it's up to you. You are the first person to raise this, and the option already exists.

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Vader, are you considering to implement B4R as an option in B4X object Browser ?

(it would be a great addition..)

ardhuru

Licensed User
Longtime User
Vader, I have been using B4A for the past 3 years, and I have to confess its been an uphill task. Whatever projects I completed, were thanks only to the immense help I received from some of the members on this forum.

Till I discovered the B4A Object Browser; I cant tell you how useful I have found it, its a gem, and thank you very much for making it available!

Best regards to you!!

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Vader , have you modified the B4X Object Browser to support B4R?
If I choose at first Post:

B4X Object Browser
B4x Version 4.0.0.0 is available from here. AutoUpdate will take over from that point.

the program version installed doesn't include B4R (and in the About windows it states version 1.0.0.0)

Thanks !

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-25_14-51-48.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 398

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Apologies. I have updated the URL to point to the correct version.

I have also updated to support B4R

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are welcome. I hope you are using B4X Browser though. It is much more recent than B4A Browser.

ardhuru

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, even better! Thanks for pointing it out, I was using the earlier B4A-only Browser.

My current interest was in UDP, and in the earlier B4A Browser I found an example snippet under Classes, Network, UDPSocket that got me going.

Unfortunately, I did not see that in the new version. Are such code examples deleted from other classes as well?

Anyway, for the time I'll keep both the versions.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User

I don't discard any classes, methods, fields or properties.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
When there is an existing snippet, this is shown by the big green arrow.

Select the snippet to view it.

You add a snippet with the green plus button

You delete a snippet with the red negative button

If you enable snippet drag and drop, and optionally set B4x Browser stay on top, you can drag text onto the add snippet button to add a snippet for the currently selected method / property or field.

I agree that this isn't a snippet manager, but I think it is still pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…