ChatGPT!!!!!

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AI thinks? I don't think so, it only computes or execute program.
AI tools like B4X is just another modern technology to help us do the job. If we know how to use it, it will save our time. If we got a very good tool but don't know how to use it, it just waste our time.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AI thinks? I don't think so, it only computes or execute program.
What does the Human do when he thinks? He uses his own algorithms, ways of reasoning, let's say, and data with them.
He learns (and forgets) or modifies these algorithms, over time; intelligent software can do the same thing, but much faster and with billions and billions of pieces of information, which it can find millions of times faster.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What does the Human do when he thinks? He uses his own algorithms, ways of reasoning, let's say, and data with them.
He learns (and forgets) or modifies these algorithms, over time; intelligent software can do the same thing, but much faster and with billions and billions of pieces of information, which it can find millions of times faster.
What does it cost?
I just need a cup of coffee and burn out my 100 calories to write a code while AI consume 100MW or Kilowatt per hour or more of electricity and processing power, not include cost to cool it down and to build such a facility. ?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It was the early 80s; I forgot what I wrote a week ago! ? :confused:
cobol.jpg

That book is over 40 years old! I only keep it for some fond memories associated with it :)

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not worth it today.
I know 2 devs for a banking IT company, in their late 70's, making over $200k USD that would disagree with that. They would LOVE to finally retire but keep getting money thrown at them to stay.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know 2 devs for a banking IT company, in their late 70's, making over $200k USD that would disagree with that. They would LOVE to finally retire but keep getting money thrown at them to stay.
In more recent times (but still 25/30 years ago) many banks and medium-sized companies had IBM AS400 (then changed its name to iSeries) and the main language RPG (I had to learn this too). Today I don't know. However, I have never earned those amounts ? :confused:

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems that the Chinese Ernie Bot and Baidu are better, currently.

Thanks to Chrome translation you can use them.

First test: remove "protections" from images ("slightly" illegal, but I just wanted to try)

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg

(All automatically, I only uploaded the image on the left)

Last edited: