Designer is a little too large (or my notebook display is too small)

rgately

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings,

Thank you for making B4A such a great programming tool. I really enjoy using it.

There is something I want to point out that may be easy for you to change. The Designer window is taller than what can be shown on my 1366x768 display, thus cutting off a small portion on the bottom. I think it is possible to make the Designer window a little smaller without sacrificing functionality. Not only would it fit better on my screen but it would also provide more room for the Abstract Designer window.

I've attached 4 jpg files to illustrate my point...

b4aOrig1.jpg (shows how Designer looks on my screen)
b4aOrig2.jpg (shows how Designer looks on my screen)
b4aSuggested1.jpg (suggested resize)
b4aSuggested2.jpg (suggested resize)

I had to resize the images in order to upload them and the quality is not as good as the originals. So, I added a Designer Images.zip with the original images if you need them.

This is a little off topic but I always thought that the Designer would be better if it was full screen and layed out similarly to VB's design mode. I don't know what your thinking is or how many other priorities you have so that all I want to say about it. The Designer, as it is now, is very functional.

rfresh

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can click your mouse at the very top line of the window and drag it down to reduce it's vertical foot print. Have you tried that yet?