iOS Question DocumentPicker and IPad

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it mandatory with IPad to have the low Bar Buttons visible to use this command ?

Can Button1 be something other of hidden ?

B4X:
DocumentPicker.Show(pg, Button1)

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I never had time to switch to B4XPages, I'm still with B4XView. I don't need the low bar but looks like the only way to make the DocumentPicke working on Ipad is to link it to a Button of the low bar. Hope there is some trick, I don't want the low bar visible

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I never had time to switch to B4XPages
I was like you.

Then I decided to give a shot to B4XPages, and actually solved some problems to me.
It does not take too much time to understand, and also people here on the forum are prepared on it, especially Erel that is pushing in this direction.

IF you are not in an advanced status of the app I suggest to you to make a blank test project on B4XPages, spend 1/2 hours to test it, and if you see that is a fast thing, it good.

However, take a look a this piece of code.
B4X:
Private Sub Button1_Click
    DocumentPicker.InitializeImport("picker", Array("public.text"))
    DocumentPicker.Show(<Your Page Object>, Sender)
    Wait For Picker_Complete (Success As Boolean, URLs As List)
    If Success Then
        Log(File.ReadString(URLs.Get(0), ""))
    End If
End Sub
Source

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, I'll see what to do. That code works on Iphone, not on Ipad (I can't test again now to be sure, I gave back the Ipad to the owner, but I did tests and seems the only way to work is to link to a button of the bottom bar and they can't be hidden)

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested the sample app with B4X pages, implementing the DocumentPicker.
Same result on Ipad, it needs to be linked to a button of the bottom toolbar. Using "sender" or any other view does not work.
The code posted above works only on Iphone.

So, do I have to abandon ? No other way to use the DocumentPicker on Ipad without the bottom toolbar visible ? .....

Upvote 0