Does the tutorials work?

hackhack

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm only on the second example in the beginners guide pdf, and i can't get it to work (it tells me btn0 isn't defined) I can't see what i did wrong.

Also in the search and replace picture it says it replaced 6 things, but in my editor it only replaced 4

hackhack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, but its just the tutorial - I don't think I should waste your time on that - I'll wait for bigger problems :)

Upvote 0

fraxinus

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately there are a couple of omissions in that tutorial,
You will need to define the btn0, btn1 etc
Dim btn0 as button
Dim btn1 as button
or as
Dim btn0, btn1 as button

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm only on the second example in the beginners guide pdf, and i can't get it to work (it tells me btn0 isn't defined) I can't see what i did wrong.

Also in the search and replace picture it says it replaced 6 things, but in my editor it only replaced 4
Yes, you are right, in the explation for modifying MyFirstProgram, the declaration of btn0 is missing.
You must change line 12 to
B4X:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] btnAction[COLOR=red], btn0[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008b8b][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008b8b][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008b8b]Button[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
There is no need to declare other buttons.
Nevertheless the final source code of SecondProgram is OK.

It will be corrected in the next update, also for the number of replacements.
Thank you for reporting it.

Sorry for answering somewhat late, but I was absent from home during two days.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0