Share My Creation Electronic Bible v.1.3.0.31

Here is my new release of the Electronic Bible...
This is First major app using b4a...

It currently supports both English y Spanish.

This app operates in two different modes;
1) Offline where it is a stand-alone reader
2) Wifi/Data Connected

It demonstrates the usage of:
  • a Client/Server architecture
  • use of anonymous client registration using a unique key generated from the phone.
  • Google Cloud Messaging
  • Use of FTS3 for sqlite
  • use of the httputils and download manager
  • use of a Service to keep track of all globals
  • On-Demand, as well as live video streaming
  • Sending SMS messages from devices without data service (tablets)
  • database driven Locale storage/Recall

please take a look at it, and give me your comments, suggestions, etc..

oops, the app exceeds the allowable size (~24MB), so here is a direct Link to download it.

Version 1.3.0.33 - is now on the server
24-Jan-2013 - Version 1.3.0.35 - is now on the server
27-Jan-2013 - Version 1.3.0.37 - is now on the server
-or-

Download the latest version from:
SlideMe AppStore

...Pablo

Attachments

• 2013_01_22_14.00.31-sm.png
    2013_01_22_14.00.31-sm.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 6,755
  • 2013_01_22_13.57.38-sm.png
    2013_01_22_13.57.38-sm.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
It takes an awful long time to get started.

The scale is not too clever on my Samsung G-Nex and my HTC Desire, I'll check 7" and 10" tablets later. I personally suggest that you use Autoscale.

Also when I first went to the setting screen then tapped on the top right X, the app crashed.

Nice original app apart from these 3 very minor issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

latch

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree on the layout. I tested it on Bluestacks and the app only takes up a thin ribbon in the middle and I know that will put almost everyone off.

The font for KJV while pretty is not something I would read very long. Even the NIV font is a bit ornate for reading but I think you could get away with it.

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the suggestions Erel! I have implimented all of them.

The reason for the initial delay was that I was loading contact info at the beginning. I have since moved that directly to the SMS messaging routine, and do it there.. the load time is now a lot faster.

...P

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Peter,
I am using the autoscale feature of b4a... I tweeked it a bit, and hopefully this will fix the layout issues.

I am unable to reproduce the Error you received when entering the configuration the first time... do you recall the error?

...Pablo

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
The latest version with all fixes is up on the server... you can use the direct link in the first message, or

Click Here to download 1.3.0.33

One more question... how does one motivate the users to read the Help files?? For instance, by LONG CLICKing on a Bible verse, you can send the verse by SMS, have the TTS read the message, change the look y feel of the bible, etc?

...Pablo

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
@latch,
thanks for your input... I had never heard of bluestacks until today! I attempted to install, but unfortunately, my old laptop doesnt support opengl 2.0.

...Pablo

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
No I do not remember the error. Ill download and install your updated software and try it again for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
On my tablets everything appears to looks OK, well accept for the first set of Yes/No buttons. Those buttons appear to be a bit high.

The screen shots below are taken using my Samsung G-Nex phone. I hope they help.

I can't seem to be able to recreate the error. I think it had issues reading a data file of some sort. I really should have taken a screen shot at the time, sorry.

uploadfromtaptalk1358992552147.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1358992527469.jpg

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so much for the help Peter!

I just became aware of the scaling problem for the nexus... I am wondering if it is the same problem with 10" tabs too...

The funniest thing is that scaling is perfect on other 7, y 8 in devices...

I am using the AutoScale feature @ .85, as it seems to be the best for the devices I have here to teston.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

...Pablo

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is another strange issue for you or Erel or anybody else for that matter.

Even though I've uninstalled your app and restarted my phone several times, your app apk file just keeps re-downloading itself. I've never seen anything like it before. I've no longer got your app installed on my phone but it just keeps downloading your install apk file :-(

As you can see, it is automatically downloading the file but it is no longer installed!

Strange

e5ynenuh.jpg

hezedy5u.jpg

Once I've figured this out, I'll test it on a 10" tablet for you. But I have to figure out the automatic downloading issue of your apk file.

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Firstly, your app looks fine on my 10" tablet. It's just slightly off centre to the left but that's not too serious.

I agree with Erel, I Autoscale at about 0.3 to 0.4.

Last edited:

abner69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Peter and erel, Thanks so much for all of the testing! without your comments, i would not have been able to get this thing to market :)

I have fixed the Nexus y Galaxy layout issues. As far as the auto-downloading is concerned, the only way that this could be in the DM database for downloading is if you started the download from the download center. In that case, even if you uninstalled the package, it would still be contained there until you finish the download or you cancel it.

Again, thank you very, very Much...

...Pablo