Other ESP-NOW : ESP32 "two way communication"

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Readers of this forum may recall the post I sent in some time ago seeking advice about Cell / nRF24 communication between a remote sensor set and a base station.
previous posting : guuooo-tech-iot-ga6 / nRF24L01 comms

Anyway I subscribe to another thread about ESP32 and received these links, showing that Espressif have recognised the need and addressed the issue :

ESP-NOW is a fast "connectionless" communication protocol developed by Espressif that features short packet transmission and allows multiple boards to exchange data without using Wi-Fi
RandomNerds : ESP-NOW getting started

Learn how to establish a two-way communication between two ESP32 boards using ESP-NOW communication protocol. As an example, two ESP32 boards will exchange sensor readings (with a range in open field up to 220 meters ~ 722 feet)
RandomNerds : ESP-NOW link 2

This appears to be an elegant solution to my project (just as I am getting back into the middle of it!) though the range made be just at the limit of what I want to do.....

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
looking good.. then you need just 220mts :p
Yup, that's within limits, of course some work needed to perhaps Move the project from arduino uno / nano to ESP32..... now if I could just figure out the OLED that won't work I could get back to the project. o_Oo_O🤯

Upvote 0

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
years ago I used just a couple modules XbeePro with Arduino UNO (300mts)

All the best with your project!!
Thanks the 🥵 Part has been the 'other' research on the agricultural science to try and get there..... Cheers....

Upvote 0