@Erel

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some antivirus will report false-positive
Most probably the exe is safe if you download from B4X.com official website
This happened to many members before.
May need Erel to double confirm for you.

Suggestion to Erel, maybe add a CRC checksum at download page to confirm the binary is genuine.

wizard699

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks a lot AERIC.
but I've download it from B4X site.
I've backuped all previous EXE and I've tested these previous version with VirusTotal whitout any problem.

The last exe downloaded 30 minutes ago have this situation.

We'll waiting for Erel confirmation because I've to install my new PC and this is the reason for which I've downloaded the last EXE version from B4X official site.

epiCode

Licensed User
If I can give you some advice, then uninstall your virus scanner and activate only the Microsoft "Defender".
You will have the fewest problems with it.
Off Topic but a lot of commercial AV thrive by creating Fear for users feel they are finding something everyone fails to detect !
62 greens out of 63 is a good enough reason to not press Panic Buttons.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
...Well there are many reasons an antivirus can have false positives... but ofcourse is not a reason to uninstall.. 99% of antivirus...for example: understand robot-apps as malware-virus... all commercial greek software for "tax-accounting" using robot-send-keystrokes to use/send/write automatically all the data like a human sitting in front of a pc-browser (yes they are not having everywhere APIs :) that's another story)...

All the good antivirus have sensitive-ransomware-protection / cyber capturing / sensitive-shield... and app-firewall too...

So all the good antivirus identify them as malware-virus... the only solution (not working ofcourse anytime)... to have it as exception (you can have a folder, or the app itself)... or to inform the Antivirus Company (this is the right way - must have a certificate for your apps too) that your app is not a virus...

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suspect B4A has the auto check for new updates code so antivirus think it makes connection to a remote server. Maybe I am wrong.
Last time my VB6 app has code to delete files so Avira antivirus also think my program contains virus.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I stopped using external activation software, I have not had any problems.
In the past, I also used external activation software, and many of them declared my own application as a virus and deleted it from my hard drive.

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I stopped using external activation software, I have not had any problems.
In the past, I also used external activation software, and many of them declared my own application as a virus and deleted it from my hard drive.
Well... I think that these "years" is not safe without firewall and antivirus (with many features)... at a pc using internet,email... there are many dangerous... hidden well... I am not talking about phising....

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Specific for B4A and B4J exe... it will be useful for Erel using a certificate and send email (or using their forms) at the known companies of Antivirus that his great apps are not viruses.

Also windows Smart Screen saying that not trusting the EXE...

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just do not visit any website related to "6" and there will be no more problems with viruses. 😂
The problem is not only the sites... there related OS exploits... backdoors and many other things that we ignore...
also pirate software and some free (not Erel's ofcourse) have "thousand" safety problems....

Big Companies like Google and Microsoft, Apple every year announce not so "public" their exploit-problems... so it is important to update but updates may be come later...

Soooo.. a Ransomware will ask for money :-( (many here in forum had problems)

ps: OK I am selling antiviruses :)... but i am not trying to sell you one (or more) - but i am sharing my experience...