Wish Generate html etc from designer

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
One of the reasons I really like your products is that I only have to learn B4. I do not have to learn html5, java, javascript etc....... Even when there is nothing to do what I want at the time, the facility comes on stream at some time - which keeps me happy eg Report Printing.

I have used a product called Real Basic (now Xojo) and I like it because to write an web based solution I simply(?) have to learn their way of doing things and lo and behold I have a web app - I have no idea of html5, javascript, jquery,css etc... Having used Basic the learning is not impossible.

The wish - in conjunction with your new webserver product, to be able to have the screen layouts of programs generated into whatever is necessary to run the application as a Web App. That would round out your product allowing Desktop,Mobile and Web apps.

I am probably asking for too much, but what the hell!

Thank you very much,
Hilton.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The feature you are requesting is definitely interesting. However there is no magic. You cannot just take a desktop application and make it a web application. The two platforms are too different.

I did test in the past the web apps created with the tool you mentioned and I was not impressed.

Maybe in the future, B4J can use a framework such as GWT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Web_Toolkit to help with writing the front-end.

Hilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Yes I understand the NO MAGIC bit. It was simply the notion that 4B could provide completely rounded out facilities for Desktop, Web, Mobile. How you might achieve it, well that is way beyond me! The solution would need to be similar to B4J and b4A where I do not need to learn all sorts of technologies to achieve a web solution.

Thank you very much for your reply and I look forward to B4W(tongue in cheek).

Bye,
Hilton.