Google Maps Questions

CapReed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Few days I've been playing with Google Maps. I'm trying to create an application in order to save the places where I going with my car. I created a private map using "My Maps" in Google Maps website, and since I can add the marker site I want.

I've been watching many of the examples and tutorials by Warwound/Erel on Google Maps.

I have the following questions:

1. - Like I can access one of "My Maps" using B4A and Google Maps API?
2. - Is there a method to directly save marker on Google Maps servers using B4A? This as you well know can be done from the web and using Google Maps "My Maps"

Many Thanks for your help

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like there is no official API for the My Places feature: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=google+"my+places"+api&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8.

So your only option is to generate a link to your My Places map and get the map data in say KML or whatever other available format then parse the data and add your features to the Google Map.

That's a solution to read your My Places data, but as there is no My Places API there is no way i know of to write/modify/update your My Places data.

Martin.

Upvote 0

CapReed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much for your answers.

I think this is something that Google should work to avoid having to make workarounds at the time of import and export data from "My Maps"

I will solve the problem by creating a function to import the. Kml and then store the data in external MySql, which the markers will all be managed through external MySql server and to the cartographic will use the Google Maps.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Upvote 0