Android Question Google Play Protect

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

I created a new project (Activity) and ran it on my Android 10 phone. See attached project.
Google Play Protect shows me this screen when I tried to run it.

Why I'm getting it - what is wrong with this project? If I select Install it anyway it installed and works.

When I tried to install the same project on my Samsung S23 (Android 14) Google Play Protect tells me Check your Internet connection and try again.

Both phones in the same W-Fi, bith phones have access to the Internet.

I'm using bridge.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240821-215433.png
    Screenshot_20240821-215433.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Test88.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20240821_222801_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240821_222801_Google Play Store.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 87

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all.

I created a new project (Activity) and ran it on my Android 10 phone. See attached project.
Google Play Protect shows me this screen when I tried to run it.

Why I'm getting it - what is wrong with this project? If I select Install it anyway it installed and works.

When I tried to install the same project on my Samsung S23 (Android 14) Google Play Protect tells me Check your Internet connection and try again.

Both phones in the same W-Fi, bith phones have access to the Internet.

I'm using bridge.

Thank you.
all good here, tested in Android10 and Android14 -I got the popup "B4X Hello World - OK"

Edit: it asked me about the scan, i clicked "install without scanning"

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
all good here, tested in Android10 and Android14 -I got the popup "B4X Hello World - OK"
When I select Google Play Protect option Skip (I mean Install without scanning) it installs on both phones and works fine. But this is workaround.
I don't understand why I see these screens on the first place.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, i don't see that same screen; I got the standard screen about scan or no.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, wait… what’s the problem?
Pic1 - Protection: I don't have the exact same screen, but it asked about scanning (normal thosedays if you don't remore that from GooglePlay protect)
Pic2 - Are you unable to install it? What’s the issue? I was able to install it on both Android 10 and 14.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, wait… what’s the problem?
Pic1 - Protection: I don't have the exact same screen, but it asked about scanning (normal thosedays if you don't remore that from GooglePlay protect)
Pic2 - Are you unable to install it? What’s the issue? I was able to install it on both Android 10 and 14.
Screen 1 - I click on Scan App in Google Protection on my Android 10 and that's what I see - Harmfull App Blocked.
Screen 2 - I click on Scan App in Google Protection on my Samsunbg S23 Android 14 and that's what I see -Can't Complete Scan. Check Internet Connection.

I'm trying to understand why I can't install it on my phones if I just click Scan app button.

I tried to install the other projects on the same Samsung S23 and every time it keep telling me Can't Complete Scan. Check Internet Connection.

What is weird that it was Ok this evening on Samsung S23 and just stopped working. Maybe something with Google Protection itself? I checked the forum and I'm not alone with these problems https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ownload-via-b4a-bridge-problem-solved.161630/

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, everything seems fine on my end, so I think it might be an issue with your phone or Google Play. sorry not helping much, but tested all good here

I tried to install the other projects on the same Samsung S23 and every time it keep telling me Can't Complete Scan. Check Internet Connection.
Could it be that the IDE is still connected to the previous phone?

One last idea :) Try removing the app and reinstalling it
You could also change the package name or something similar, and disable Google Play Protection.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, everything seems fine on my end, so I think it might be an issue with your phone or Google Play. sorry not helping much, but tested all good here

Could it be that the IDE is still connected to the previous phone?

One last idea :) Try removing the app and reinstalling it
You could also change the package name or something similar, and disable Google Play Protection.
For Android 10 - closed the IDE, deleted the app. Started IDE, open the project and changed the package name, Started the app, Giigle protection screen comes up, selected Scan, no Harmfull app message - so far so good.

For Sansung - did the same - keep shows me screen 2 - check Inernet connection.

Upvote 0

Duque

Licensed User
Longtime User
Android is increasingly complicating things, I think they are looking for the iOS approach, in a few years I am sure that they will not be able to install APKs that do not come from the Play Store.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Android is increasingly complicating things, I think they are looking for the iOS approach, in a few years I am sure that they will not be able to install APKs that do not come from the Play Store.
I'm afraid of the other thing - what if they will decide to reject the app that doesn't have commercial value for them?
Like a photo micro stack website - you're trying to submit a photo but they rejected it because as they said - it doesn't have commercial value.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a recent similar problem. I think someone suggested my changing my package name and my guess is that it solved my problem. I'm sure you have upper limit in you manifest editor to be sdk version 34.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a recent similar problem. I think someone suggested my changing my package name and my guess is that it solved my problem. I'm sure you have upper limit in you manifest editor to be sdk version 34.
Changing the package name isn't an option - you won't be able to upload the update to the store.
My problem with Samsung S23 solved by itself overnight. Screen 2 issue that I have somehow solved by itself. When I tried it in the morning this problem gone - I don't know what cased this problem and what fixed this problem.

Upvote 0