Android Question how to build apps for ubuntu/ros environment?

yes

Licensed User
I need to develop an app for Ubuntu/ros robot, but right now I'm using a virtual machine to run Ubuntu and it gives many problems. so is it possible to develop the app in windows (preferably with b4a)? and is there any example? I can't find any. I desperately need some help here.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don´t think that you can create apps for ubuntu with b4a.
It may be possible with B4J as B4J creates a jar file which can be run on Ubuntu (non-ui-app) if you have java installed on Ubuntu.

Upvote 0

yes

Licensed User
I don´t think that you can create apps for ubuntu with b4a.
It may be possible with B4J as B4J creates a jar file which can be run on Ubuntu (non-ui-app) if you have java installed on Ubuntu.
ok, I understand. but what I'm thinking is, there are codes from java that can be used for communication between two devices right? not really an app for Ubuntu environment, just a send and retrieve data from Ubuntu. Hope you understand what I mean.

Upvote 0

yes

Licensed User
Like this, I need to develop an app for communication between ubuntu and android device. The idea is app send data to ubuntu terminal, and Ubuntu sends feedback to the app. Lastly, the app presents the data in several ways.

Upvote 0