Android Question How to share module or class

PumaCyan

Licensed User
apologize in advance if this might already have a tutorial and discussion...
I'm trying to recreate the application that I made on Android to run on IOS using B4XPages
How do I make every class I create on Android run also on IOS, like the example in this tutorial : B4XPages Tutorial
in the example file i downloaded, there are b4xpage2 and b4xpage3 files located outside the folder, and how did that happen?

Solution
The classes (B4XPages pages) are located outside the folders relating to the individual "languages" and are linked. You can verify this by looking at the icon next to the file name, in the "Modules" tab; it has 2 dots between round brackets.

When you create a new page, you are asked: "Add module to parent folder?". If you flag that checkbox, the file will be saved in the "common area", i.e. the project root folder, instead of that of the language in use at that moment.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The classes (B4XPages pages) are located outside the folders relating to the individual "languages" and are linked. You can verify this by looking at the icon next to the file name, in the "Modules" tab; it has 2 dots between round brackets.

When you create a new page, you are asked: "Add module to parent folder?". If you flag that checkbox, the file will be saved in the "common area", i.e. the project root folder, instead of that of the language in use at that moment.

Upvote 0
Solution

PumaCyan

Licensed User
My goodness!...
apparently just because of this problem
Thank you so much for your help @LucaMs

Attachments

• sshot-53.png
    sshot-53.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

PumaCyan

Licensed User
Sorry one more question
if for image files for example, how do you do it? @LucaMs

Attachments

• sshot-54.png
    sshot-54.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry one more question
if for image files for example, how do you do it? @LucaMs
Put all the files COMMON to the 3 platforms in the Shared Files folder. Then, when you're working on one of the three projects, you'll import them into the Files folder of the specific "language" (B4A, B4J, B4I, as usual) by holding down CTRL on your keyboard and clicking on this comment line (ide://...), that you find at top of the B4XMainPage:

1669988504860.png

Read this:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...k-for-managing-multiple-pages.118901/#content

Upvote 0