Android Question I want access to the LAN on the computer by an Android application

alfaiz678

Licensed User
Hello
I want access to the LAN on the computer by an Android application
As in the picture the first option
I do not want SMB

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Screenshot_20210606_224135110.jpg
    Screenshot_20210606_224135110.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 111

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You will probably get more, and better, help if you tell us what it is that you want to achieve.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
You will probably get more, and better, help if you tell us what it is that you want to achieve.

Okay
I want to access LAN as in the picture and share files (copy - paste) between mobile and computer from the share folder on your computer

Is that clear

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I find a lot of programs on the store of this kind
Does anyone have an idea in it

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And... when you press in "Local Network", what data are you asked to enter to access?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think most of us reading this thread find this whole thing confusing because "Local Network" is not a communcations protocol. The rest of the list (SMB, FTP, SFTP and WebDAV) are well-known protocols, but the first one isn't.

It's like the app asks you to pick a color and present this list:
  • Boat
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Red

What happens if you select that one in the app you screenshot from?

Edit: Sniped by @José J. Aguilar ! :)

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
And... when you press in "Local Network", what data are you asked to enter to access?
Screenshot_20210606_224135110.jpg

Automatically search for computer devices in the network
You just choose the computer and then enter if the computer is not closed with a password
It is very easy for users

Either SMB method requires you to enter the modem address "192.168.xxx"
It is not good for you to do so

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You just choose the computer and then enter if the computer is not closed with a password
But... then you see all the folders in the computer... or just the shared with smb and no password?

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I think most of us reading this thread find this whole thing confusing because "Local Network" is not a communcations protocol. The rest of the list (SMB, FTP, SFTP and WebDAV) are well-known protocols, but the first one isn't.

It's like the app asks you to pick a color and present this list:
  • Boat
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Red

What happens if you select that one in the app you screenshot from?

Edit: Sniped by @José J. Aguilar ! :)
I do not think so
It seems and she was independent of other ways

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So the alternative "Local Network" basically just means that you get to browse all hosts on your local network. It's a poor name for the alternative, it should be something like "Browse Local Network".

What happens if you select APC? Screenshot please.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
What happens if you select APC? Screenshot please.
A screen requesting a user name and password for the computer Or login as anonymous The computer was not locked with a password
Screenshot_20210609_101415359.jpg

The folder screen that has been shared on your computer appears You can copy and paste between your computer and mobile Etc.
Screenshot_20210609_101432436.jpg

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, it's clear now that you're the victim of a poor translation to English. It seems you want to BROWSE the local network and find all hosts on it.

If that's correct, you should leave this thread and instead start a new thread with a title like "How do I browse LAN to find machines?"

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A screen requesting a user name and password for the computer Or login as anonymous The computer was not locked with a password
So in fact it starts using SMB to access it. SMB is the protocol to use to access shared folders/files.

Upvote 0