Android Question I want access to the LAN on the computer by an Android application

alfaiz678

Licensed User
Hello
I want access to the LAN on the computer by an Android application
As in the picture the first option
I do not want SMB

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20210606_224135110.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 111

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You will probably get more, and better, help if you tell us what it is that you want to achieve.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
You will probably get more, and better, help if you tell us what it is that you want to achieve.

Okay
I want to access LAN as in the picture and share files (copy - paste) between mobile and computer from the share folder on your computer

Is that clear

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I find a lot of programs on the store of this kind
Does anyone have an idea in it

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And... when you press in "Local Network", what data are you asked to enter to access?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think most of us reading this thread find this whole thing confusing because "Local Network" is not a communcations protocol. The rest of the list (SMB, FTP, SFTP and WebDAV) are well-known protocols, but the first one isn't.

It's like the app asks you to pick a color and present this list:
  • Boat
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Red

What happens if you select that one in the app you screenshot from?

Edit: Sniped by @José J. Aguilar !

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
And... when you press in "Local Network", what data are you asked to enter to access?

Automatically search for computer devices in the network
You just choose the computer and then enter if the computer is not closed with a password
It is very easy for users

Either SMB method requires you to enter the modem address "192.168.xxx"
It is not good for you to do so

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You just choose the computer and then enter if the computer is not closed with a password
But... then you see all the folders in the computer... or just the shared with smb and no password?

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
I do not think so
It seems and she was independent of other ways

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So the alternative "Local Network" basically just means that you get to browse all hosts on your local network. It's a poor name for the alternative, it should be something like "Browse Local Network".

What happens if you select APC? Screenshot please.

Upvote 0

alfaiz678

Licensed User
What happens if you select APC? Screenshot please.
A screen requesting a user name and password for the computer Or login as anonymous The computer was not locked with a password

The folder screen that has been shared on your computer appears You can copy and paste between your computer and mobile Etc.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, it's clear now that you're the victim of a poor translation to English. It seems you want to BROWSE the local network and find all hosts on it.

If that's correct, you should leave this thread and instead start a new thread with a title like "How do I browse LAN to find machines?"

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A screen requesting a user name and password for the computer Or login as anonymous The computer was not locked with a password
So in fact it starts using SMB to access it. SMB is the protocol to use to access shared folders/files.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…