Android Question Is it possible to include a library inside another?

carlos7000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Question isn't clear. Are you creating a non-recommended jar library? Or b4xlib?

Do you want to embed the library inside your library? That's very bad and will cause all kinds of problems. You should instead distribute the libraries together.

I have made some very simple libraries. One of them is used to read and write files. I work a lot with GPS and coordinates. I made a simple library that includes some functions that make it easy for me to convert coordinates and work with GPS. Today I wrote another simple library that uses my gps library and file management library. So when compiling the new library, I asked myself if I could include my gps library and my file management library inside it.

Upvote 0

carlos7000

Licensed User
Longtime User
You mean your new library "depends on" an old library?

No. They are not old. What happens is that, for example, I have a library that is used to format texts, numbers, coordinates, dates according to my taste. My gps library depends on it since the data it returns is data formatted by the previous library. Which makes me wonder the next time I get the gps library, could I include the formats library? It's not a big job in the manager selects the format library. but I was wondering if by including my gps library, the format library as it is already included in the gps library, it would not be necessary to select it manually. I guess that sounds a bit crazy and unnecessary.

The question just crossed my mind. I was just wondering if it was possible.

Upvote 0