Lists that act like settings

mikefrisina

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0104:I am new to b4a so sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.:sign0013:

I want to create a list that acts like the lists in settings. in other words, when you click on an item, the list scrolls to the left and present the next list. When the back arrow is pressed, the list will scroll back to the right and redisplay the items on that list.

To see an example of what I am asking, look at settings, select any item. the display scrolls to the left and displays the next content.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Use some ListViews and call the relevant ones from the initial one...

Upvote 0

mikefrisina

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, but is there a way to trap the phones back arrow so it goes back instead of exiting the app?
Also, how do you go about making the listview slide left and right? Is that a built in function or do I create a routine myself. Seems like so many apps do that that it might be a called function.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The animations are system built-in effects...
Use the Help Viwer app to seach for help about traping hardware keys...

Upvote 0

mikefrisina

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the rapid replies. It would really help if you could provide a little more information.

"The animations are system built-in effects..."

So can I access them? Is it possible to make lists slide? etc.

Tried searching for many variations. Have not found anything. Would you be more specific?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

splatt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the rapid replies. It would really help if you could provide a little more information.

"The animations are system built-in effects..."

So can I access them? Is it possible to make lists slide? etc.

Tried searching for many variations. Have not found anything. Would you be more specific?

Have a look at this for an idea of how you can trap the hardware keys.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

This means that the animations will take place automatically, without needing any coding...Just like the "fade/slide" efect that takes place when swutching activity views...

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

This means that the animations will take place automatically, without needing any coding...Just like the "fade/slide" efect that takes place when swutching activity views...

Upvote 0