Share My Creation MIDIChorder

MIDIChorder is a chord progression sequencer with different styles to simulate an accompanyment band. There are some MIDI related stuff/discussions in the forum which triggered me to learn MIDI related audio programming. Thanks @stevel05 for his great MIDI library for making all these easier and possible, which this app is based on.

It currently supports 30+ chord types (not all work as expected), 15 accompanyment styles with A & B, chord transpose and 1/4-4/4 bar split. Precount doesn't work. I may need to change the sequencer driven model to threading based event dispatched model for playback to make it operate in real-time better.

Try: java -jar MidiChorder.jar (Java 1.8 Windows. Bar insert, copy/paste may stop the playing. Use mouse left/right button to select multiple bars to set styles all together. Thanks for trying and any feedbacks)

midichorder.png

Attachments

• MidiChorder.jar
    392 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice, B4x version of Band in a Box.

Are you planning to add save / load?

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just playing around, A little contribution :)

1658053510577.png

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Precount doesn't work. I may need to change the sequencer driven model to threading based event dispatched model for playback to make it operate in real-time better.
How are you implementing the precount? It could be the same as adding any other bar at the beginning of the generated midi then set Loop points in the Sequencer.

Last edited:

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
steve, I tried your progression, very nice as I heard some bass walking up or down like a melody~

I do have save/load but I disabled as a demo also I may change style list a lot so save will not be compatible later. When I have next improved version ready I will send you one with these functions personally. I have already found bugs in group set style or chords.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know it's a lot of work to build something like this, it's a great start. I'm sure you'll get it working as you want it to.

kimstudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
The obvious bug of bar setting has been fixed and new jar has been uploaded in #1.