Android Question [SOLVED] Compile error after trying to use SMS runtime permissions and Firebase in one application

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is the thing, I tried to make Firebase work, but there were hundreds of errors like
Maven artifact not found, so I went to SDK and downloaded all mavens... Then the firebase worked perfectly.

Then I wanted to add SMS sending to application and added runtime permissions.
Then it gave me an error that there are duplicate declarations of attributes in XML files. Since I had similiar looking XML files in the COM and xandroid folders.
I went to the XML files in xandroid and put comments around attributes that were duplicates and resolved that problem.

Then it went to DEX problems. First there was java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded which I solved by changing DEX limit in .ini file in %APPDATA% folder.

And after that I got another set of errors like this, I tried adding #MultiDex: True, but nothing happened. Can someone help me solve this? Also, the code in B4A works fine in two different apps, but when I try to bring together runtime permissions and Firebase, this happens..

This is the compile error after some 2 minutes of 100% CPU usage and 2GB of RAM usage:

What should I do? Thank you for help :)

Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/IResultReceiver$Stub$Proxy;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$1;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$MyResultReceiver;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/os/ResultReceiver$MyRunnable;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroidx/versionedparcelable/CustomVersionedParcelable;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroidx/versionedparcelable/NonParcelField;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:696)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMultiDex(Main.java:370)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:291)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:688)
... 4 more

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the end, it was just a resource mix up in the jars. Clean B4A reinstall did the job perfectly. The code itself works perfect.

Upvote 0

mare1980k1

Licensed User
Longtime User
And now it compiles in 2 seconds.. although I went from laptop to main PC with i7, but on laptop it was compiling 2 minutes.. Seems that good rule of thumb is to refresh the B4A from time to time. And I must say that Erel did an amazing job in configuring the SDK with everything that I needed for this build.

Upvote 0